Status
Not open for further replies.

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
Did anyone try to use one on a reo lp yet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one and FaceMeat is correct the deck is flat with a small lip instead of concaved. It is very similar to the IGO BF deck and the IGO BF rocks for flavor so I can't see where this would be an issue. It will work on a LP, regular grand, mini 2.1, or woody without any issues.

POTENTCITY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
NYC
I have one and FaceMeat is correct the deck is flat with a small lip instead of concaved. It is very similar to the IGO BF deck and the IGO BF rocks for flavor so I can't see where this would be an issue. It will work on a LP, regular grand, mini 2.1, or woody without any issues.

I just got one in the mail from mov and mine doesn't want to screw all the way down there's a gap . I built dual coils reading at .4 when I try to fire it doesn't heat coils up. I got a reo lp

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
I just got one in the mail from mov and mine doesn't want to screw all the way down there's a gap . I built dual coils reading at .4 when I try to fire it doesn't heat coils up. I got a reo lp

Mine fits ok. Is the center post sticking proud out of the bottom?

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
I have a tendency to over-squonk and so far the 2014 Cyclone is a lot more forgiving for that than the RM2. That might be part of the leak problem.

I am now in the habit of watching the air hole for a glimmer of juice then stopping. My big problem is going to work in the morning when it is dark. I have had more than a few oh crap moments so now I undersquonk and blah blah....too dry.

aushizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
hopefully the beach

I had to adjust the center post slightly with a flathead screwdriver after that it's been great

image.jpg

aushizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
hopefully the beach

aushizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
hopefully the beach
we talking on the reo itself correct not the cyclone?

On the bottom of the cyclone you will see the flat head screw (in your second pic above)
that's what you are adjusting

Pull your coil off first I also used a fatter o ring underneath I had a bigger gap as well vs the RM2

Last edited:

POTENTCITY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
NYC
On the bottom of the cyclone you will see the flat head screw (in your second pic above)
that's what you are adjusting

Pull your coil off first I also used a fatter o ring underneath I had a bigger gap as well vs the RM2

it doesnt seem to be protruding tho , it seems flush . if it is sticking out its barely visible , i have 2 coils built in the cyclone already would it effect it when im trying to turn from the bottom?

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
^ what aushizz said. Spot on.

Generally with any atty going on to a Reo you want the center (positive) contact of the 510 connection to be proud, and it should be about 0.170" from the base of the atty to the end of the positive contact of the 510. When the positive contact is too short, then you have problems.

POTENTCITY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
NYC
yes it will mess up the coils and yes you want it to stick out a bit
your basically turning the center post that the coil is connected too
spin the screw and watch the hole until you see it line up again
re build your coil and enjoy

May I ask how many threads your 2014 cyclone has ? I'm counting 3 threads on mine that's why I'm guessing it dont screw down. My rm2 from reos had double or more threads atleast 7. I spoke to mountain oak vapors this morning and they told me to send it back and they will send me another one .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread