• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

20700 Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapingintheGTA

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2016
GTA
Hi Does anyone know where I can get a legit 20700 battery in Canada. The places I usually buy from don't seem to carry them. Thanks in advance

Dave

Hi Dave in Winterpeg :) here are some vape shops, l’m no sure if they are juice or both hardware and juice? Also, l don’t know if the list is up to date or if the are reputable or not. There are a couple out of Winnipeg so I didn’t add them Good luck.
Silver Dragon Vape Shop
Cloud Nine Vape
Winnipeg Evape
House of vape
Vapetastic
Flamingo Vape Shop
Theravape
Vape Mate
Funkejoose
Prairiecloud
Vonnie

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Dashvapes also has them if you want to buy online. Dashvapes is known for being very careful about authenticity, and when I asked they said they get their batteries from Illumn, one of Mooch's recommended suppliers. They're my go-to source for batteries, and I've always been satisfied.

VapingintheGTA

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2016
GTA
Dashvapes also has them if you want to buy online. Dashvapes is known for being very careful about authenticity, and when I asked they said they get their batteries from Illumn, one of Mooch's recommended suppliers. They're my go-to source for batteries, and I've always been satisfied.

Here is another online source too, Digital Imports- The Vape Shop if ya wanna try them but I have no idea what their reputation is like @Hawsie have you any info on them? Seems like they have had some good deals in the past and was wishing for a shop in Ontario.
BATTERIES

Last edited:

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Here is another online source too, Digital Imports- The Vape Shop if ya wanna try them but I have no idea what their reputation is like @Hawsie have you any info on them? Seems like they have had some good deals in the past and was wishing for a shop in Ontario.
BATTERIES

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that shop.

When I was searching for a reliable battery source, one thing I did was to look at what other batteries they were selling and how they were labelling them to see if their general approach to batteries seemed responsible. There are two things that are red flags for me:
  • Selling 18650 rewraps - There are so many authentic 18650s around that no reliable vape shop should be selling rewraps like Efest (in my opinion). This doesn't necessarily hold for other sizes of battery since good authentics aren't always available.
  • Overstating a battery's rating - I've seen Samsung/Sony/LG batteries listed with higher CDRs than the makers claim. If a shop does that, I don't trust them an inch.
Another thing you can do is ask the store where or how they get their batteries. In my 18650 quest, I wrote to Dashvapes, explained that I was concerned about counterfeits and asked if there was anything they could tell me about their sourcing that would be reassuring. They were very helpful and quickly replied that they got their batteries from Illumn and explained some of Illumn's safety precautions. Of course, that still leaves the question of whether or not you should trust the answer, but their attitude and general response can sometimes give you clues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread