The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

20x1 threading torch light

Discussion in 'Modding Forum' started by Mechm0djunky, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mechm0djunky

Mechm0djunky Full Member Verified Member

May 31, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    The more I think about it while typing this post, I guess it's pretty common for flashlights to have 20 to 1 threading, especially the ones that take 18650 batteries.

I was tinkering around like we all do from time to time and screwed on one of my top caps on to my flashlight light and what do you know, a perfect fit. Fires up and everything. It's actually my shortest 18650 mod now. The light top screws directly onto the mod as well. I guess it was just kinda exciting at first to realize I had another mod and I didn't even know it. I believe I paid around $10 for this light and to be honest I actually like the grip, the button switch , and the look of it more than some of my other cheap mods.

I always keep this in my glovebox and it's nice to know now that I have a backup mod just an arms length away. I need to hunt down a cheap top cap to throw in the glove box with it. I'm sure this is nothing new to most of you but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Ultrafire LY-501B
    20*1 threading, tested with Pegasus and Gus Lord.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Obsiden

Obsiden Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 6, 2013
    Buffalo, NY
    That is an awesome find

3. Mechm0djunky

May 31, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    It's a cheap, durable, super bright light too. Saw them on ebay for less than $10 with free shipping and ordered another one. It's a cool mod and good flashlight. It really looks like a mod only though when a top cap is on it. All my top caps sit flush on the top of the battery tube with no battery rattle at all and button works great. Win win if you ask me.

4. asdaq

asdaq Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

It has come full circle. What bagat what? I'd be curious what the switch is intended to handle.

5. JohnnyDill

JohnnyDill Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2013
    Uranus
    LOL great find. I tried all of my flashlights and none of them have the right threading. I'm not sure how long the switch will last if you sub ohm but this is great nonetheless!
    :)

6. Mechm0djunky

May 31, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Believe it or not it has a beast of a spring inside that switch. But it's not something I'm going to use when sub ohmimg. Actually probably something I won't use much at all, more of like a novelty item really. That it takes 18650 batteries is also a pretty cool.

7. BTerry

BTerry Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2014
    FL
    [​IMG]
    Hybridize your flashlight

8. Mechm0djunky

May 31, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    I've actually been looking at a hybrid kit for 20*1 threaded mods. I've seen most for around $30, any place I can find a kit any cheaper? Looks like some come with more parts than others, any suggestions?

9. GMayberry

GMayberry Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2014
    Virginia
    This may be a dumb question, but how could you make the bottom button momentary instead of "click on, click off"?

10. Mechm0djunky

May 31, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    I'm sure it'd be an easy fix once you took apart the switch. I still use it mostly as a flashlight so I haven't attempted taking it apart. Might actually do that when I get home and check it out.

11. gandymarsh

gandymarsh Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2014
    WI, USA
  12. Mechm0djunky

May 31, 2014
    Nashville, TN
  13. JohnnyDill

JohnnyDill Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2013
    Uranus
    $2.36 Connection Parts for Kayfun v3.1 RDA & Nemesis Mod at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$2.09 Connection Parts for Kayfun v3.1 RDA & Nemesis Mod at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I think these will work, but not sure! Plus, that speedy FastTech delivery! :facepalm:

14. Mechm0djunky

May 31, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Unfortunately the nemesis is not 20*1 threading. It has very tiny threads compared to beefy 20*1 threads like Gus mods, caravela, jm22, paps, etc..

Thanks for the help though

15. gandymarsh

May 11, 2014
    WI, USA
    Thanks! Yep, that's what the ebay listing says. I might pick one up just for the heck of it.

16. gandymarsh

May 11, 2014
    WI, USA
  17. Mechm0djunky

May 31, 2014
    Nashville, TN
  18. gandymarsh

May 11, 2014
    WI, USA
    Dang! Those are so cheap too. Thanks for the info:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.