21700 batteries will replace 18650 in electrical cigarette industry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
The fact that the 2x700 batteries most highly regarded are by IJoy is kinda scary to me. I had a zenith for two days before realising that it fires randomly by itself - 3 batteries in series makes it kinda terrifying even if it was regulated between 2.5-6.5V. It even lit up, indicating firing, when there wasn't a mod attached. Trying to trust the company with the most dangerous aspect of vaping - the batteries - when they made that unsafe a mod is a little difficult for me. I hate buying into branding but I know I wouldn't have these doubts if LG/Samsung/Sony were chucking them out.
mooch rates the 5 leg ijoy batteries at 30a/3000mah -

until the better batteries from the big 3 are easier to get it is what I am using in my pulse bf squonk box.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Although I understand demand from other industries will drive battery development, I don't think 18650 will be going away for a long time as there are many established consumer applications and the increased capacity of the 21700 is not enough to create a dramatic abandonment of existing platforms.
The 25650 battery is an example of a somewhat bigger higher capacity option that, while adopted by some, didn't displace the 18650 form factor. It may be preferred by some but after a number of years on the market remains a minority among device platforms.
The game changer for me would be a major capacity improvement in a smaller form factor, not larger. I prefer light, pocketable devices and the 21700 is going in the wrong direction. Good for Tesla, not for me.
18650 batteries can and are still the best format for some vapors. I like small/lightweight mods to carry around that last all or most of the day. I don't use more than 20-25 w and 18650 works well for that.
Trying to get us back on the original commentary. I agree with the above comments.

My preference is for smaller lightweight mods to carry around that last all day on a single battery. I seriously doubt I'll ever get a battery device that uses a larger, heavier battery.

• Agree

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
Indeed, my primary reason for using mech mods when out and about is because they weigh less.

mooch rates the 5 leg ijoy batteries at 30a/3000mah -

until the better batteries from the big 3 are easier to get it is what I am using in my pulse bf squonk box.

I know this, and I trust Mooch a great deal. My point was that I don't trust IJoy because of how unsafe a previous product was and Mooch also acknowledges that the product under the wrap could change - something I wouldn't put past a company willing to sell, and continue to sell, a product with 3 batteries in series that they surely know has serious problems with autofiring

EDIT: mimoshen, I didn't see your response until I posted. I'll check out the sanyo battery report haha

alvitae

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Oregon Usa
As someone who stepped away from vaping for a few years and came back, I don't think the average vaper realizes how fast this industry changes, Fueled by one upmanship by the companies and the vapers.

I glance over at my desk and there are some pitifully inadequate mods by today's standards. And they aren't really that old. I see one that runs off of 14500 batteries (That one is old actually.)

Just over 10 years ago we were at 3 ohms and it was up in the air if 510, 901 or other atomizers were going to be the standard.

Vape companies are in a perpetual watt war. Watts aren't generated by the mod but by the battery and there is only so many 18650s they can fit in a hand sized mod. The new DNA can run 400 watts. People saying change is a decade away need to realize just how far vaping has came in just one decade already. A little over a decade is basically the history of modern vaping.

I think we could see those new batteries being the norm faster than people think. Government interference notwithstanding...

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
With warm weather on the way I'm reminded how much I enjoy fairly small lightweight mods that can fit in a shirt pocket. Although there is currently a trend toward bigger heavier mods that can produce very high wattage, I suspect most people don't really want to carry those around all day. The earliest portable cell phones were in a ten pound bag while the early portable PC's were the size of a portable typewriter and were cool in their time, but who would use something that klunky today?

A battery the size of a 14500 or an 18350 that could give me 18650 power and life would be a game changer. A bit bigger, heavier battery with a bit more power seems like manufacturers trying to create a new "standard" to sell more equipment.

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2018
Berlin
A battery the size of a 14500 or an 18350 that could give me 18650 power and life would be a game changer. A bit bigger, heavier battery with a bit more power seems like manufacturers trying to create a new "standard" to sell more equipment.

The big manufacturer are "fighting" on every A CDR and on every mAh in 18650 against eachother and you wish the same capacityand Power in 14500 and 18350 like at 18650? and I wish George Cloony will be the next president of the U.S.A :D

• Agree
Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
And if we look at the current Muppetshow that calls itself government, Clooney is a highly probable candidate. And an obvious improvement as well.
Nah, my money is on Oprah. :D

180113-reid-oprah-tease_aw9tye

Wooops! Off topic again. :offtopic:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Robin Becker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread