21700 batteries will replace 18650 in electrical cigarette industry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
"Best" is hard to determine, whats best for me isn't best for you. Thats an opinion!
Better is a lot easier defined! If your running this coil, 30 amps & 3000mAH is Better :)
Pretty straight Forward :)

NB9MBEP.jpg
I totally and completely mis read this post before...Mea Culpa. I agree completely.

Reactions: Steamer861

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I don't take offence from posts/opinions :) We are here to discuss vaping.
What ever works "Best" for you is the best vaping style :)
I wish I could go back to a day when a K-F Lite+ & a Provari was my best vape.
My journey has takin me down a different path, a path that is Taxing on batteries :(
I'm all ways on the look out for "Better" battery life.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
As far as I'm concerned, I'll buy what works for me and what is available that I like.

I have 13 18650s, will have 4 20700s by next week.

18640s for my regulated and my 510 tab, 20700s for my mecs.

Do I feel the 20700s work better? Sure. I'm certain they work better to some degree, marketing has told me so, thus it is.

Nuff said.

Reactions: stols001

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have no knowledge one way or the other. I'm very curious if age will have any effect like charging cycles will have on the battery's?

They do lose capacity from age even if they are not used. In the fridge (just over freezing), at ~3.75V (40% charge), they are said to lose about 2% per year. At room temperature it's about double that.

I think a few of mine are going into the fridge for a while. I bought a few more than I needed because of the shipping charge and because I also occasionally lose one by doing something silly to it.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The extinction of the 18650 is Not immanent! May never be!
The point you's are missing is, we (vapes) use 18650 cause they were the best choice at the time.
They are not any more!
There aren't t really all that many options in 20700 batteries yet (and even less in 21700s), they're significantly harder to come by, and they're significantly more expensive when they can be found. Other than two Sanyo offerings, are there any other 20700s by the major battery manufacturers available? Are there any 21700s by the major battery manufacturers available at all?

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Bigger battery is bigger. Smaller battery is smaller. Unless there's something I'm missing....

I could probably use a 18700, that would probably be enough to never run down before the end of the day. Or if I had a small, 18650, TC compatible mod with a maximum power setting that was lower and the mod manufacturer's battery spec is lower, I could with full safety use a higher mah battery with a lower max. current. Why can't we have that without having to mine the small number of otherwise outdated and overpriced mods from the earliest days of TC?

As to car makers, why stop at 21700? Cars are bigger than vapes.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    There aren't t really all that many options in 20700 batteries yet (and even less in 21700s), they're significantly harder to come by, and they're significantly more expensive when they can be found. Other than two Sanyo offerings, are there any other 20700s by the major battery manufacturers available? Are there any 21700s by the major battery manufacturers available at all?

The 2x700's I have purchased are similar in price to a good 18650.
    Maybe a bit more, but not overly expensive.
    I paid around the $10 mark, for Ijoy 20700's & 21700's, the same price for the Sanyo 20700b.
    Unfortunately the bigger players in the 18650 game like Sony, LG & many others aren't attaching their name to the new 2x700's yet.
    But we have "Mooch", His testing is stearing Me in the right direction :)
    You can check his results here on the board, Ijoy 20700 = 30 amps 3000mAH :) 21700 = 24 amps 3650mAH & Sanyo B 4000 mAH 16 amps

The one that interests me the most is the Ijoy 21700, I use VTC5's exclusively :) 20 amps 2500mAH
    Be it a bit bigger, the Ijoy has 4 more amps & over 1000mAH more, for me this is the difference between carrying a spare set or making all day on one :)

As with any thing new & in demand, initially the demand exceeds the supply & the price is high. This will all change in time & the 2X700 will be in line price wise with 18650's :)

Last edited:
    • Informative
    Reactions: stols001

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    I'm telling you, the eighties are coming back! I keep telling people.... You'll all see :) I will be removing my shoulder pads and replacing them with battery cases so that I can star in a Robert Plant video (unless he's dead, I have no idea and am not a fan....)

Anna
    I had a Ficus Tree in the 80's. I named it Robert. Nobody got it. :(

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    I'm telling you, the eighties are coming back! I keep telling people.... You'll all see :) I will be removing my shoulder pads and replacing them with battery cases so that I can star in a Robert Plant video (unless he's dead, I have no idea and am not a fan....)

Anna

Dead or Alive. News

Invaluable resource

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com
    The 2x700's I have purchased are similar in price to a good 18650.
    Maybe a bit more, but not overly expensive.
    I paid around the $10 mark, for Ijoy 20700's & 21700's, the same price for the Sanyo 20700b.
    Unfortunately the bigger players in the 18650 game like Sony, LG & many others aren't attaching their name to the new 2x700's yet.
    But we have "Mooch", His testing is stearing Me in the right direction :)
    You can check his results here on the board, Ijoy 20700 = 30 amps 3000mAH :) 21700 = 24 amps 3650mAH & Sanyo B 4000 mAH 16 amps

The one that interests me the most is the Ijoy 21700, I use VTC5's exclusively :) 20 amps 2500mAH
    Be it a bit bigger, the Ijoy has 4 more amps & over 1000mAH more, for me this is the difference between carrying a spare set or making all day on one :)

As with any thing new & in demand, initially the demand exceeds the supply & the price is high. This will all change in time & the 2X700 will be in line price wise with 18650's :)
    I checked my European dealer, and while the prices have come down from when I last checked there's still a considerable difference (3.99€ for a Samsung 30q vs 6.45€ for a Sanyo 20700b, the 20700a doesn't seem to be available at them).

I check Mooch's tests regularly, but the Ijoys have the same problem as all other rewraps - the battery under the wrapper can change at any time, all depending on the whim and will of the rewrapper. I prefer to be able to absolutely rely on my batteries (if I'd by any 2x700 I'd go for the Sanyo 20700b, not the Ijoys, Efests or any other rewraps). And there simply aren't many options yet.

I'm not critical of 2x700 cells (or you [emoji6]), in fact I'm eagerly awaiting what new cells will be made available and even what's available now is significantly better than 26650s (which never interested me). The battery options just aren't quite good enough yet, and there are no good regulated mods taking them that I'm interested in. If there were, I'd get one, and a couple Sanyo 20700b.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    They do lose capacity from age even if they are not used. In the fridge (just over freezing), at ~3.75V (40% charge), they are said to lose about 2% per year. At room temperature it's about double that.

I think a few of mine are going into the fridge for a while. I bought a few more than I needed because of the shipping charge and because I also occasionally lose one by doing something silly to it.

That is really helpful re: the fridge. I have a few too many batteries ATM (though that will change with the husband hopefully) but it would never have occurred to me to store my batteries in the refrigerator, thank you :)
    According to Mooch:
    • Storing batteries in the refrigerator doesn't make much of a difference in battery life unless you live in an area with high temperatures year around. It's not dangerous to refrigerate them but be sure to let them come to room temperature before opening whatever airtight wrapping/container you have them in. - How can we extend the life of our batteries?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread