The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

250C Battery Drain

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by Clark Kent, Aug 16, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2014
    Metropolis Il.
    Been searching for a resolution to my Boxer 250C, it has a issue were it has a constant drain on the batteries, within a week the batteries will be drained past a chargeable point, this is the dual 20700 sqounker Boxer, I have looked on evolve forums and a few other places and have not found any info, beside the crap molding and not so great position of the bottle, it would be a decent mod (not for the retail price), just wondering if anybody has a fix for this or if it is a bad 250c board?

2. Clark Kent

Jun 25, 2014
    Metropolis Il.
    Been searching for a resolution to my Boxer 250C, it has a issue were it has a constant drain on the batteries, within a week the batteries will be drained past a chargeable point, this is the dual 20700 sqounker Boxer, I have looked on evolve forums and a few other places and have not found any info, beside the crap molding and not so great position of the bottle, it would be a decent mod (not for the retail price), just wondering if anybody has a fix for this or if it is a bad 250c board?

3. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    The specs for the 250C claim a 10mA Quiescent current draw. This is very low. I suspect you have a problem with either the board, or the batteries. Have you tried different cells? Failing that I would send Evolv a note through their Contact link on their website.

I know this doesn’t help, but I own several DNA250c devices. None perform like you have mentioned. One I am ashamed to admit I haven’t touched in at least a week – can’t remember the battery level when I put it aside, but just checked and it’s at 80%

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. dc99

dc99 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Maybe the hard cutoff set wrong. It should shut completely down before that point. Either that or the board is bad. Do you have escibe downloaded? Check the hard cutoff

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wayneo

Wayneo Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2015
    Oh Canada
    There is no hard cutoff that can be set.
    Can't check it either

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Punk In Drublic

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Under the Mod/Battery tab there is a "Cell Soft Cut" off that can be adjusted. Perhaps that is what @dc99 was referring to

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wayneo

Nov 5, 2015
    Oh Canada
    Yup, that's there, but would have zero effect on a parasitic drain. He made sure to say HARD twice. I'd hate the OP getting frustrated from something that he can't find. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Punk In Drublic

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    I fully agree, but constant drain vs quick cut off (if soft cut off was set high) could be interpreted as the same. And yes I am speculating ;)

9. susieqz

susieqz Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2018
    high plains
    sounds like you could just remove batteries when you aren;t using it,
    mooch recommends removing batteries when you sleep anyway,

i know that all mods use power when turned off, but i do notice some drain more than others.
    maybe someone else can come up with a tech fix,

10. dc99

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Never seen this in any of my 250C or any other DNA mods.
    Open a ticket with Evolv

• Like Like x 2
  12. RayofLight62

RayofLight62 Super Member ECF Veteran

I have five Paranormal 250C and none of them do drain batteries.

The board use some power for timekeeping, but its amount is negligible.
    Therefore, the board in your 250C device, is very likely, defective.

Evolv do usually provide good service, both during warranty period and afterwards, for all their hardware.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wayneo

Nov 5, 2015
    Oh Canada
    None of their boards have ever powered off, from before there was a clock. I always thought that low quiescent draw was there to sense a button being pressed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Clark Kent

Jun 25, 2014
    Metropolis Il.
    ,Yes this what my other DNA250s do, very little drain.
    I have it set at 3.2 kind of on the low side, but at that level it should still able to be charged. And yes, I have multiple pairs of 20700. From Samsung, Molicell, Ijoy, Efest. I do think it is a faulty 250c, I really think the best way around this so far would be to try Evolve first they helped me out before, I have a feeling the only thing Ginger Vapes would do is raise my Blood Pressure, I have heard horror stories about how they handle things. I may have to just right it off as a loss, and lesson learned. If I do find a fix for this I will post it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. dc99

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Evolv has always been really good to me as far as repairs. I build a lot of mods and had a couple bad boards. Made a ticket and got an rma number. Sent them in and had brand new boards in a couple days. If anything goes bad just let me know. Maybe I can help you out

• Like Like x 2
  16. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Merged duplicate threads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.