250C Battery Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
Been searching for a resolution to my Boxer 250C, it has a issue were it has a constant drain on the batteries, within a week the batteries will be drained past a chargeable point, this is the dual 20700 sqounker Boxer, I have looked on evolve forums and a few other places and have not found any info, beside the crap molding and not so great position of the bottle, it would be a decent mod (not for the retail price), just wondering if anybody has a fix for this or if it is a bad 250c board?

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
Been searching for a resolution to my Boxer 250C, it has a issue were it has a constant drain on the batteries, within a week the batteries will be drained past a chargeable point, this is the dual 20700 sqounker Boxer, I have looked on evolve forums and a few other places and have not found any info, beside the crap molding and not so great position of the bottle, it would be a decent mod (not for the retail price), just wondering if anybody has a fix for this or if it is a bad 250c board?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON

The specs for the 250C claim a 10mA Quiescent current draw. This is very low. I suspect you have a problem with either the board, or the batteries. Have you tried different cells? Failing that I would send Evolv a note through their Contact link on their website.

I know this doesn’t help, but I own several DNA250c devices. None perform like you have mentioned. One I am ashamed to admit I haven’t touched in at least a week – can’t remember the battery level when I put it aside, but just checked and it’s at 80%

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Under the Mod/Battery tab there is a "Cell Soft Cut" off that can be adjusted. Perhaps that is what @dc99 was referring to
    Yup, that's there, but would have zero effect on a parasitic drain. He made sure to say HARD twice. I'd hate the OP getting frustrated from something that he can't find. ;)

Reactions: Clark Kent

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Yup, that's there, but would have zero effect on a parasitic drain. He made sure to say HARD twice. I'd hate the OP getting frustrated from something that he can't find. ;)

I fully agree, but constant drain vs quick cut off (if soft cut off was set high) could be interpreted as the same. And yes I am speculating ;)

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
    Jan 10, 2015
    Kent - United Kingdom
    I have five Paranormal 250C and none of them do drain batteries.

The board use some power for timekeeping, but its amount is negligible.
    Therefore, the board in your 250C device, is very likely, defective.

Evolv do usually provide good service, both during warranty period and afterwards, for all their hardware.

• Agree

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    The board use some power for timekeeping, but its amount is negligible.
    None of their boards have ever powered off, from before there was a clock. I always thought that low quiescent draw was there to sense a button being pressed.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
    Jun 25, 2014
    Metropolis Il.
    I haven’t touched in at least a week – can’t remember the battery level when I put it aside, but just checked and it’s at 80%
    ,Yes this what my other DNA250s do, very little drain.
    the soft cell cutoff could be set really low. If its a board issue that will have no effect but Id still check it
    I have it set at 3.2 kind of on the low side, but at that level it should still able to be charged. And yes, I have multiple pairs of 20700. From Samsung, Molicell, Ijoy, Efest. I do think it is a faulty 250c, I really think the best way around this so far would be to try Evolve first they helped me out before, I have a feeling the only thing Ginger Vapes would do is raise my Blood Pressure, I have heard horror stories about how they handle things. I may have to just right it off as a loss, and lesson learned. If I do find a fix for this I will post it.

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    ,Yes this what my other DNA250s do, very little drain.
    I have it set at 3.2 kind of on the low side, but at that level it should still able to be charged. And yes, I have multiple pairs of 20700. From Samsung, Molicell, Ijoy, Efest. I do think it is a faulty 250c, I really think the best way around this so far would be to try Evolve first they helped me out before, I have a feeling the only thing Ginger Vapes would do is raise my Blood Pressure, I have heard horror stories about how they handle things. I may have to just right it off as a loss, and lesson learned. If I do find a fix for this I will post it.
    Evolv has always been really good to me as far as repairs. I build a lot of mods and had a couple bad boards. Made a ticket and got an rma number. Sent them in and had brand new boards in a couple days. If anything goes bad just let me know. Maybe I can help you out

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread