3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
CONGRATS!!! It's a really big deal. When I first quit smoking and started vaping I know a few of my friends probably thought I wouldn't stick with it... She's just going thru a phase they thought. But so far I proved that kind of thinking is totally incorrect!! It seems like time slowed down at first - that taking it one day at a time thing. Next thing I knew, it was 6 mo, then 12 mo, now at 18 mo. So, once again, CONGRATS to you !!

Reactions: oxygen thief

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM
040.gif
That is awesome!!
1317407dirocruvm1.gif

emolinare

May 29, 2015
Straight from my school age children's mouth. They would come home and say, daddy? My teacher said that every cigarette you smoke takes 10 minutes off your life. I would look at them and just smile. Here is a random link.. No fact checking because, frankly, I do not care. Nor did I when I smoked. I just let my kids think I was worried.
Tobacco Fact File, how tobacco effects your life, cigarette amounts, cigarette substances

Hey bluecat, I've implemented it now. New configuration section looks like this:
GBrcrDL.jpg

oxygen thief

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
[QTE="BookUOworm, post: 15930500, member: 97439"]Way to go, oxygen thief! Congrats on a huge accomplishment! I reached 3 years on Friday, although I have only skipped a little over 24,000 smokes. According to one of those quit smoking trackers, I have added 3 months to my life. An extra summer vacation perhaps? Haha. Congrats!!!!![/QUOTE]

Wow, both just hit 3 years. Amazing. An extra 3 months just to say, wow, I feel like sh*t! :)

oxygen thief

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Wow. What a response! Kinda hard to answer each one so thanks, everyone. It was so easy to stop cigarettes. I was immediately a vaper and haven't ever, not once, wanted anything to do with a cigarette. Looking back, it seems unreal how many cigarettes I smoked but like most people here, stopping was impossible. A KGO and an ego t upgrade with Stardust clearos did a great job back then.

oxygen thief

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
:2cool::toast::vapor::) CONGRATULATIONS!!!:):vapor::toast::2cool:
Started at around 13. I loved going to a little shed we had in the back yard and smoke my stepfathers Camel no filter and my mothers Kents with, at one time had an asbestos filter, I think. Taught friends my smoking tricks. Smoked till I puked several times. I loved every minute of it. I drove tractors and combines every summer for 5 years. Smoking was awesome for farm work. My stepfather grew 5500 acres of grain sorghum. We cut it all with 4 four row combines. I had a lot of 16 hour days on combines starting at 13yo. Everyone smoked out there, all smokers. But I digress.

Reactions: ENAUD

oxygen thief

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Yay! Congrats!

Still trying to picture a pile of 43,000 cigs!!

Multiply it out. Almost 500,000 cigarettes. I will die young from smoking. I'm 61. My brother died at 63 from lung cancer. My father, 58. My mother, 73. Aunt, 83. Uncle 80. It wasn't just the number of cigs, I smoked faster than anyone I've ever smoked with. It seems unreal now.

Or...I could get hit by a bus today. You never know.

oxygen thief

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
That is amazing. You're approaching your 3rd year, while I am just passing my 3rd week.
I am in awe. Great job.
Could you please comment on how you feel, any long term benefits and would you care to share your recommendations for novices such as me?

Thank you. The last 7 months or so that I smoked, when I went to bed I would cough for ten minutes, very hard. I felt that I couldn't clear my throat, but it was deeper than that. I couldn't roll the trash container to the curb without getting winded. After about two weeks the coughing stopped. I NEVER COUGH NOW. No respiratory infections that I've always been prone to get. Massive improvement.
I'm not good on recommendations except get a good setup and find juices that you like. Be patient, try not to get frustrated. It will all come together. No doubt.

oxygen thief

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
CONGRATS!!! It's a really big deal. When I first quit smoking and started vaping I know a few of my friends probably thought I wouldn't stick with it... She's just going thru a phase they thought. But so far I proved that kind of thinking is totally incorrect!! It seems like time slowed down at first - that taking it one day at a time thing. Next thing I knew, it was 6 mo, then 12 mo, now at 18 mo. So, once again, CONGRATS to you !!
That's it!! Time flies. The days added up fast. Everyone can get there.

Reactions: Steelgirl

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I'm not here that often so I thought I'd post this anniversary even though I have 6 days to go. Close enough.
43000+ cigarettes not smoked. Vape on.

That is very good! I am all for saving the cigarettes. 43,000+ not incinerated. People for the Ethical Treatment of Cigarettes (PETC).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread