Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Multiply it out. Almost 500,000 cigarettes. I will die young from smoking. I'm 61. My brother died at 63 from lung cancer. My father, 58. My mother, 73. Aunt, 83. Uncle 80. It wasn't just the number of cigs, I smoked faster than anyone I've ever smoked with. It seems unreal now.

Or...I could get hit by a bus today. You never know.
Wow, I just did the math and I too am in the 500,000 plus cig category. At age twelve a few of us kids would get together with smokes we swiped from out parents and light them up in secret, I got sick the first time. We did a lot of fishing and of course we would sneak a smoke when we did. Almost every adult I knew as a kid smoked. I don't kid myself or my wife, I still realize I may yet have to pay the piper for all of those years smoking, but at least for now, I feel and breath better than I have for many years.

I just really identified with your history and wanted to share a little. May you have many smoke free and healthy years ahead of you! Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Reactions: oxygen thief

oxygen thief

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Wow, I just did the math and I too am in the 500,000 plus cig category. At age twelve a few of us kids would get together with smokes we swiped from out parents and light them up in secret, I got sick the first time. We did a lot of fishing and of course we would sneak a smoke when we did. Almost every adult I knew as a kid smoked. I don't kid myself or my wife, I still realize I may yet have to pay the piper for all of those years smoking, but at least for now, I feel and breath better than I have for many years.

I just really identified with your history and wanted to share a little. May you have many smoke free and healthy years ahead of you! Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Thanks ENAUD..same to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread