30 years ... Bye Bye Analogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

13F10

Verified Member
Feb 2, 2012
Republic Of Texas
Been lurking for a few months, decided to join and post the obligatory noob intro.

Short story, 30 years of tobacco, up to three packs a day for the last 5 or so (primarily working from home behind a monitor). The wife, 20+ years, 1.5-2 packs a day. We've been threatening to quit on and off for years; several failed attempts. Gum, patches, cold turkey ... been there, failed that.

Daughter turned us on to an e-cig (dont recall the name, but she bought at the mall). While not terribly bad, we were surprised and thought it could work. That lead me to some serious research, here and other places. I knew there had to be a growing community and better options to analogs and the kits most noobs become aware of at the kiosks. Found more info than I could digest :)

To keep it short.

Started with a ego and some juice. We both stopped cigs the day the kit arrived. Not one since for either of us as of Jan 4. Easy enough. Still keep the ego batts charged up and use them for stealth vaping from time to time and as back-ups.

Decided it was going to work and that we would dedicate to it, so we went "Buy Once, Cry Once", a ProVari and a Reo Mini. We trade off, works out well. Still learning to get the best out of the Reo, but digging it. The ProVari is incredible. Tanks, LR carts, atomizers, iKen's 306, Cisco's 306's, Boge, Smok ... no less than 300 mils of various juice samples from several suppliers later....going broke but narrowing down the like and dislikes.

So here we are, smoke free, no desire to go back. Thanks to everyone here for sharing all the excellent info, it made a big difference in our transition!

The negative? I'm feeling the need to collect PV's. :blink:

Dogman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
North Carolina
Hey Congrats !!!

Like you guys i tried everything to quit over the years, even stayed quit for 6 years once (Gained 100 pounds overnight). but always came back to smoking.now i've been quit analogs for 6 months. no turning into Satan, no weight gain. no stress. and unless some crooked law makers outlaw nic juice, i know i will never smoke again. and that feels really good.

not to mention after 6 months i feel great physically too :) Big Big difference. when i first heard of an electronic cigarette i though "that has to be the stupidest thing i ever heard of" and just took it as more evidence that the world was going to the pooper, along with reality television lol.

then one day i run into a friend of mine, and he was smoking this E cig and he had me try it.

a few days later i had my own. and have been smoke free ever since.

very happy for you and your wife.

and welcome to ECF

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Congrats on quitting, and welcome to ECF. Many here (myself included) smoked for decades, and once you find your device/juice/routine combination, it is a wonderful help to be free of cigs.

It sounds like you researched and got good mods to start with. Add up how much you used to spend smoking, the starting costs fade away pretty quickly.

slik

Moved On
Feb 6, 2012
Whut whut!
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Obvious
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread