4 801 atomizers dead in 1 hour. None left. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2sheds

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
Last thing I did before turning in yesterday was to rummage through a drawer full of old Runyan parts. Eureka! I discovered an old 801 atomizer! Hands trembling with excitement, I carefully screwed it onto my new Prodigy. I pressed the button and, voila! It heated up. I waited for it to cool and carefully added two small drops aiming precisely at the metal mesh in the center. I stuck in a wet cartridge, pressed the button while inhaling, and was rewarded with a glorious lung-full of vapor.

I got one more hit out of it before it died.

Since posting this thread I've searched the forum some more and came across the "Prodigy Atomizer problems anyone?" thread. The problem discussed in this thread was over-tightening. I don't know if I over-tightened or not, but nothing visibly broke. Since I don't have a voltmeter I can't prove it, but at his point I'm convinced that the Prodigy is simply burning out atomizers through no fault of my own.

According to wv2win:
there have also been issues with the setting of the connector (too high & too low) in the PD adapter

I suspect this may be the case with my V1 and on Monday I will email Puresmoker and ask for a new unit. I'll also urge that he includes warnings about overtightening and dripping on hot atty's somewhere on his website.

I'll keep you posted.

2sheds

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
I don't think things will have worked out well for me until I get a new Prodigy--but thanks for the thought. Though I realize this is still a new technology and the kinks are still being worked out, ideally "user error" should be no more of a consideration than it is for regular cigarettes. From what I've seen, though, I think the suppliers should be more upfront about the potential bugs and fragility of their products, putting the information right on their websites, instead of assuming that all their customers will have the time or inclination to delve into this forum. I came across some very angry posts by disappointed newbies, some of which went as far as to accuse this entire forum of being a scam run by the providers.

I don't think things will have worked out well for me until I get a new Prodigy--but thanks for the thought. Though I realize this is still a new technology and the kinks are still being worked out, ideally "user error" should be no more of a consideration than it is for regular cigarettes. From what I've seen, though, I think the suppliers should be more upfront about the potential bugs and fragility of their products, putting the information right on their websites, instead of assuming that all their customers will have the time or inclination to delve into this forum. I came across some very angry posts by disappointed newbies, some of which went as far as to accuse this entire forum of being a scam run by the providers.

2sheds, I'm glad things are looking at least a little better for you and I'm sorry this happened to you. Please know that Steve and Casey are absolutely great and have wonderful customer service.

As to the websites (or forums) that accuse this forum as being a scam run by the providers, well, I'm aware of one particular forum that has that as their main topic. I disagree with them. I belong to that forum that I'm referring to and wondered for a while if they might be right, but there are just too many individuals here and granted many of the individuals can be quite loyal to the make of their PV and the creator, but I think there are few (may be some, I don't know) who perpetuate a scam. They are quickly recognized and rarely followed.

This is a good group of people and I hope your experience won't dissuade you from being a welcomed contributor. I know if I were in your shoes I'd be quite disenchanted, but hopefully things will straighten out for you and you'll forgive, forget and remain as a valued participant here.

2sheds

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
It was the RUYAN V8. (I still have about 10 boxes of unopened cartridges for it if you know anyone who;d want to buy them cheap.) Then I want for the Ruyan mini. After the atomizer fiasco I dug out my one remaining function Ruyan battery and tried smoking one of the cartridges. The flavor of plastic was overwhelming and disgusting. Back then I didn't realize how bad it tasted; the reason I gave up on them was the short-lived batteries (short-lived both in the sense of needing constant charging and of simply dying.)

500KV

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2009
Chattanooga

2sheds

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
:oops:

Boy is my face red. Yesterday I figured out the cause of the atomizer failures and it was indeed a case of user error--but not any of those suggested in this thread. Prior to buying the Prodigy I had purchased one of Trog's SDs. Simply put, I thought the batteries were interchangeable. My only excuse is that I've never before come across batteries of the same size and shape that didn't have the same voltage.

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
:oops:

Boy is my face red. Yesterday I figured out the cause of the atomizer failures and it was indeed a case of user error--but not any of those suggested in this thread. Prior to buying the Prodigy I had purchased one of Trog's SDs. Simply put, I thought the batteries were interchangeable. My only excuse is that I've never before come across batteries of the same size and shape that didn't have the same voltage.

Thanks 2sheds for sharing that. Knowing me, if they were the same size (even though different voltage) I would have tried it anyway. Now I won't. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread