Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
There isn't much I can say that might help someone who has been doing this as long or longer than I. I honestly don't think some of the things I have experienced would help someone who is brand new to vaping either. Just in case there is that smidgen of a chance......I'll take it.

In the Beginning:

1. I started with the $200.00 mall brand.Realized the cartridge they claimed was equal to three quarters of a pack of cigarettes was only about a cigarette and a half, I estimated my cartridge cost per week at about $130.00. That (after 5 days smoke free) led me back to analogs. The salesperson also led me to believe that what I was buying was the only e-cigarette that was F.D.A. approved. The battery life was said to be 4 or 5 hours but only lasted about one to two hours. This is obviously a company that preyed upon people like me who really wanted to quit, just to make a quick buck.

Finding the Forums:

I cannot remember for the life of me how I found the forums. I do remember buying liquid from a place called E Cigarette National to re-fill my carts, but that was before I found the forums. As I just paused for about five minutes to dig deep and remember how......I can't :facepalm:

The Forums:

V.F. ~ what led me to that forum is best guess. This was my first experience on any kind of internet anything. The assessment of my time spent there is as follows:
1. Informative
2. Educational
3. Personal ~ for me it was difficult for I was playing mind games with myself and these so called "REAL" people. Reality on a computer, do I trust what this person is telling me, should I, is it just a big gang of people who only want to see me spend my fortune with all they're buddies? The list goes on.
4. Realization ~ There are many people who genuinely want to help. There are people who want your business. There are people who just like to hang out and chat. There are the others who tend to be dramatic too often.
5. Very nice place to visit with many good people.

Mods (quickly):

1. Silver Bullet with usb pass thru, 6 volts, 3.7 volts, car adapter and wall adapter for voltage regulator. Wow, I learned most of that from Xeno.
I bought a five pack of l.r. attys and blew em all in a couple days because I couldn't remember to change my batteries. Which led me to cartomizers.
Cartomizers ~ cheap, durable, lots of vapor, good T.H. ~ I swore by them and the S.B. for almost three months.

Juice Vendors and reviews:

For the most part (with the exception of a few vendors I purchased from) the juice I bought was unfriendly to my taste buds. I couldn't put my finger on it but something just wasn't right. I tried D.I.Y. ~fail. I was getting so frustrated that I would rant about it on the forums ~ another fail:facepalm:

A new toy:

I finally broke down, listened to a "cat", and bought an Ego. You have got to be kidding me right!! It doesn't even do 5 volts let alone 6.

E.C.F:

I'm glad I stopped by this place. Lots of info, good reviews, not too much drama and have made a few friends. One thing you must know about me is there are times I know I could dig and find the info myself, but I choose to call upon someone else to do it for me. Communication purpose only because sometimes I just like to hear and see a new face and say "WHAT'S UP":p

To sum it up:

1. I believe I have learned who (as in what company and what, as in devices,accessories ~somewhat flavors but still not there yet) to purchase from.

2. A forum is what I choose to get from it and what I choose to give back. Everything else in my opinion is either cookies and cream or sour milk.

3. If I would have listened to some of the people who were yelling at me to do it this way instead of listening to my uneducated ecig brain, I wouldn't have made some of the mistakes. I think that being stubborn about it will help me in the long run though just so I can say "been there, done that".

4. Ego is awesome...higher voltage was the problem with flavor...Silver Bullet is on the shelf (for now) cartomizers are cleaned and stored (for now) Reg. 510 and L.R. 510 attys on the ego with the cone rocks my world (for now). Flavors are much better with attys.

5. I could have saved hundreds and hundreds if I would have just listened to a silly cat, but now I see that it is all part of the process and as products change around me so will I ~ I look forward to spending many years ahead in the vaping community. I vape to smoke.

My favorite song this week: Bob Segar ~ Rambling Man:D lol geez write a book why don't I.

Seriously thanks for your ear and paving the way....speaks volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread