401 carrying case or PCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

naynay

Sep 11, 2010
B'ham,Wa, USA
Hi Folks. So, I am happy with my 401, with no plans to "upgrade" to any other type of e-cig-I figure why fix what isn't broken. However, I do want to purchase a carrying case or PCC. at this point, I just keep mine shoved in my pocket, and bring along an assembled and ready to go back-up if I get afraid that either my cart or battery may not get me through the day. So, I'd rather keep them protected in a case- or have the ability to charge on the go. But, here is my problem; I want a case or PCC that allows me to store my ecig in ready to go, assembled form- and the implication I get from checking out various cases at various vendors is that the cases or PCC's store the components disassembled, which does not seem very user friendly to me. Anybody have any advise or experience with this?

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I have a 402 PCC. Its slightly smaller than the 401 PCC, only holds 402/403 batts. Since switching to 16340 battery MODs, I no longer take the 40x stuff with me when I'm out and about. All the same here's what I found with PCCs...

* they can be fiddly and too frequently refuse to charge a battery

* while roughly the size of a pack of cigarettes (slightly larger really), they are rigid and do not fit as comfortably in a pocket, also they don't get more compressable as a pack of smokes does as you smoke'em down

* they take longer to charge a batt than a normal USB charger does

* they don't charge as fully as a normal USB charger does

* they don't actually hold that much stuff for their size

When carrying std ecigs, I had better luck with a "soft-pack" of sorts that had no charging capability. Instead of bringing a PCC that could charge 3 to 5 times, I would bring several fully charge batts with me in the "soft-pack". It was smaller than the PCC and more comfortable to carry and more flexible about what you carried in it (perhaps different sizes/models or a 3ml dropper bottle instead of some prefilled carts).

Now I'm using the same "soft-pack" to carry my 16340 mod plus a spare battery and a small dropper bottle.

I got this at REI one day not too long after trying a 510 model and having no convenient way to carry it in my 402 PCC. Been using it ever since as my e-cig pack regardless of what type of e-cigs I'm using that day, Keychains - Keychain Pouch | Marsupial Wallet Key Chain | Chums
90180.jpg

The 401 is slightly longer than the wallet ('bout 1/4 inch longer, fits fine in the outer pocket). The 402 is slightly shorter, the 403 comes just to the top of the outer pocket. If you replace the keyring with a S-Biner, it can be clipped it to a belt loop (which is generally what I do with it). Otherwise, its a very small very pocketable wallet.

Mine doesn't have flowers on it thou :)

Last edited:

GiMante

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
So Cal
www.VaperSociety.com
I have a 402 PCC. Its slightly smaller than the 401 PCC, only holds 402/403 batts. Since switching to 16340 battery MODs, I no longer take the 40x stuff with me when I'm out and about. All the same here's what I found with PCCs...

* they can be fiddly and too frequently refuse to charge a battery

* while roughly the size of a pack of cigarettes (slightly larger really), they are rigid and do not fit as comfortably in a pocket, also they don't get more compressable as a pack of smokes does as you smoke'em down

* they take longer to charge a batt than a normal USB charger does

* they don't charge as fully as a normal USB charger does

* they don't actually hold that much stuff for their size

When carrying std ecigs, I had better luck with a "soft-pack" of sorts that had no charging capability. Instead of bringing a PCC that could charge 3 to 5 times, I would bring several fully charge batts with me in the "soft-pack". It was smaller than the PCC and more comfortable to carry and more flexible about what you carried in it (perhaps different sizes/models or a 3ml dropper bottle instead of some prefilled carts).

Now I'm using the same "soft-pack" to carry my 16340 MOD plus a spare battery and a small dropper bottle.

I got this at REI one day not too long after trying a 510 model and having no convenient way to carry it in my 402 PCC. Been using it ever since as my e-cig pack regardless of what type of e-cigs I'm using that day, Keychains - Keychain Pouch | Marsupial Wallet Key Chain | Chums
90180.jpg

The 401 is slightly longer than the wallet ('bout 1/4 inch longer, fits fine in the outer pocket). The 402 is slightly shorter, the 403 comes just to the top of the outer pocket. If you replace the keyring with a S-Biner, it can be clipped it to a belt loop (which is generally what I do with it). Otherwise, its a very small very pocketable wallet.

Mine doesn't have flowers on it thou :)

Very good from a male perspective! :) I actually have the 402/3 PCC too, but I thought I would point the OP in the 401 direction since that was the model they referred to.

I have to agree with you. I always bring at least 4 extra fully charged batts with me. I'm always paranoid I'll be without a charged battery when I'll be gone for a long time. LOL! :)

naynay

Sep 11, 2010
B'ham,Wa, USA
thank for the info. I was looking around on the web, and it turns out that I actually have the 403, which is shorter, more compact. I think Vmadness made a lot of good points that will steer me towards finding something that will hold what I need for the day. I am looking for something that fits comfortably in my pocket, like my old fashioned cigs did.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread