42 years smoking analogs and 2 weeks 1 day smoke free! Thank you, ECF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicsan

Sparky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
IL
I never thought I'd see the day when I would be able to stop smoking analogs. I tried nicotine patches, more times than I care to count. They gave me nightmares and rashes. I have done Nicotine gum and had an allergic reaction to it...my gums hated it! I did hypnosis. I tried cold turkey and nothing ever worked, until I bought my eGo-T. I received it 2 weeks and 1 day ago and haven't even wanted an analog! THAT is amazing to me.

I learned all about vaping here on ECF. I read everything I could about it for weeks and weeks. I read reviews of all the different systems and made the decision to go with what I thought would work best for me. That was the eGo-T. The dripping didn't appeal to me....too much work, so the cartridge seemed ideal and it WAS/IS.

I placed my order through Cignot and Vicki is just as fast as everyone said she is and a very nice and FUNNY lady! I bought several e juices from ECF venders. BWB is my favorite! Cherry and Casablanca...YUMMY stuff! And I haven't looked back! I still have 2 packs of cigarettes sitting in my freezer and haven't come near to wanting one.

I just thought everyone here deserves a great big THANK YOU for helping me quit a 42 year habit. THANK YOU!

I even got my husband off his cigars! He's using my other eGo-T and likes it just as much as I do. These things are simply amazing. I wish I would have found them years ago.

Now I have my eye on a Reo Mini and Reo Grand. :laugh: I can see this is going to be another addiction like shoes and purses!

Again, THANK YOU and I'm happy I found this forum...it's a great place!

vicsan

Sparky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
IL
Awesome vicsan! Almost 38 years smoking for me.Never thought I could quit either,it's been over 13 weeks and I'm not going back.

Congrats on 13 weeks! It's just amazing, isn't it? 2 packs a day and now I hate the smell of analogs. :) I found myself in my car the other day with a can of Lysol saturating my carpets so I could get the awful smell out of it. I could always smell the smoke in my car, but now it hits me like a brick. I'll never smoke again either.

vicsan

Sparky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
IL
Congratulations vicsan!!! It's always good to hear success stories. Now the only problem is trying to not spend all your money on the latest and greatest mods and all the tasty juice flavors. But hey, at least it won't kill you.

Thank you, BoiseMike! I know what you mean about trying not to buy the latest greatest mods and juices. That's going to be VERY hard. It will still be cheaper than analogs though, for me. Those are going up to $58 + a carton here very soon! I'm going to be saving thousands of $$ a year by vaping. We were spending an insane amount of money on cigarettes and killing ourselves in the process! Vaping is a wondrous thing!

vicsan

Sparky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
IL
Wow that's amazing, lucky for me I learned about this not too long after smoking (I'm 22) was smoking for about 1 1/2 years before I started vaping...Congrats!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Thank You, unknOwns! I am so glad you're smarter than I was and decided to stop before you did much damage to your body! I started smoking when I was in high school at 14 years old. Bad, bad thing to do. You're smart to stop now! Congratulations to you for heeding the warnings!

pearlyvictoria

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2011
california
I never thought I'd see the day when I would be able to stop smoking analogs. I tried nicotine patches, more times than I care to count. They gave me nightmares and rashes. I have done Nicotine gum and had an allergic reaction to it...my gums hated it! I did hypnosis. I tried cold turkey and nothing ever worked, until I bought my eGo-T. I received it 2 weeks and 1 day ago and haven't even wanted an analog! THAT is amazing to me.

Congratulations, you and I have just about the same history with analogues :).

How much nicotine are you vaping? I seem to be going from one end to the other between 24 and 6, lol. For sure 6 isn't getting the job done right now...

vicsan

Sparky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
IL
Congratulations, you and I have just about the same history with analogues :).

How much nicotine are you vaping? I seem to be going from one end to the other between 24 and 6, lol. For sure 6 isn't getting the job done right now...

pearlyvictoria, Thank you!

I go between 24mg and 18mg. They both seem to work well for me. I tend to vape 4-5ml a day with both. The thing is NEVER out of my hand though. Is that normal? Sometimes I feel like Dennis Hopper in that movie, Blue Velvet...only nicotine instead of Oxygen huffing! :)

Angler

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Ausable River
Yeah! Congatulations vicsan!

I've got a very similar story. Smoked for 40 years, did my research on ecf, joined in January, ordered my Janty JETS on March 3, got it on March 5, and haven't had an analog since. I now have a Reo Woodvil (Jatoba/Zebra) and I couldn't be more pleased.

Congratulations again vicsan and it is so helpful to me to hear your story.
Thank You,
Al

vicsan

Sparky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
IL
Yeah! Congatulations vicsan!

I've got a very similar story. Smoked for 40 years, did my research on ecf, joined in January, ordered my Janty JETS on March 3, got it on March 5, and haven't had an analog since. I now have a Reo Woodvil (Jatoba/Zebra) and I couldn't be more pleased.

Congratulations again vicsan and it is so helpful to me to hear your story.
Thank You,
Al

Thank you so much, Al! Those Woodvils are SOOOOOOOOO tempting....GORGEOUS! I WILL have some Reos one of these days...should they go up for sale again. I'm thinking a mini for the car and running around and a Grand for the house. I do like my eGo-T though. It's so easy to use and has kept me more than satisfied.

Congratulations to you too! Quitting analogs was the hardest thing to do. Vaping has made it easier than I had ever hoped. As you well know, I'm sure! :)

vicsan

Sparky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
IL
Congratulations!

Thank you, NCC!
Like you, I didn't think I would quit smoking cigarettes until some smoking related illness did me in.
Also like you, I was amazed/stunned with how easily I switched!

Unlike you, I didn't discover ECF until after I'd made my first purchase. You win on that one, LOL.

Vaping really is a miracle for me. It simulate everything a smokers needs. The act of smoking, the inhale, the throat hit, the exhale, the vapor is so close to smoke....seriously...how much better could it be? And some of the flavors are heavenly!

I think that's why I always failed. Chewing on a straw never worked. Busying myself with other things never worked. The patches were horrible. The gum was painful (for me) and hypnosis was a JOKE. I've wasted so much money over the years trying to quit and all I had to do was try vaping! I just LOVE it!

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
th_02f.gif
vicson from a fellow Illinoisan!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread