The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

454 big block

Discussion in 'RDA' started by Triggatre81, Jul 27, 2020.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Triggatre81

Triggatre81 Full Member

Jul 27, 2020
    Is it worth it? Found one for a good price What do you think about it ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Triggatre81

Triggatre81 Full Member

Jul 27, 2020
    I've not new to vaping at all just this site I've wanted one ever since it came out basically just never pulled the trigger

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Vinnybagodoughnuts Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  5. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    That's an old-school looking RDA

• Like Like x 1
  6. Triggatre81

Triggatre81 Full Member

Jul 27, 2020
    I bought it lmao it was 5 bucks I've always wanted it in my collection

• Like Like x 2
  7. MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Yes but drilled out (a bit of a challenge) it's a great performer for flavor and vapor. It's one of my long time go-to's. Unfortunately, as they would be outstanding BF'er's, no BF pins for these. At the price, can't beat 'em and the fave of quite a few I've turned on to rebuilding. Good all the way down to 23AWGx7 with careful separation from the seating ring.

It takes a vertical which again is a bit of a challenge to wick with RxW but very well worth it. Being a tight installation for wicking it does tend to get a bit soiled in the deck with tobacco flavors. It's possible to lift RxW out and torch the ends to clean however. Typical water wash and dry-fire with a strained wind is short and sweet to return a flavor virtually indistinguishable from a clean install. You know I'm an advocate of ceramic weave.

Like I said for the price and guaranteed rate of return, a reliable investment.

Good luck. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    I have quite a few of these, both early authentic and later clones. They were a good deal at 10$ for 101's ostensibly authentic. Close enough for government work. Started a lot of new vapers on these as they could easily be scaled up as they gained confidence and a desire for a bigger deeper vape.

To that end, I found CAP-IT-ALL caps fit these allowing for even bigger or wider slit air flow. Some others will as well for a truly outstanding vape. So if you have anything that will fit an IGO-w you'll be in for a rewarding surprise.

Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Skeebo

Skeebo Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Just seeing the 454 big block being mentioned reminds me, I have a Veritas RDA stashed somewhere.

• Like Like x 2