5 FLUX flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeetorius

Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
United States, Naples, FL
Okay. I've only been at this vaping thing for about 5 weeks, so take this for what it's worth. It's an honest opinion from a relative noob. I've bought eliquids from half a dozen online retailers now and bought about 20 various bottles of e-liquids from my local (3) vendors here in Naples, FL.

First, what am I using?

Mod - Smoktech Z-max version 2 on RMS setting and variable wattage at between 8-10 watts.
tank - Vivinova version 2.5 with the 2.4 ohm atomizer on it
Battery - Panasonic IMR Hybrid High Drain 18650 2200mah Flat Top Li-Ion

I just picked up 5 different flavors from flux.

1. Bananas Foster - 17 mg
2. Candy Cane - 17 mg
3. Apple Pancakes - 17 mg
4. Golden Pie Crust - 17 mg
5. Heart Throb - 17 mg

What do these taste like to me?

1. Bananas Foster - It tastes like bananas foster. Problem is, the alcohol taste is juuuuust a little too high for me. This seems to have improved after 5 days of steeping.
2. Candy Cane - Tastes like peppermint. This is by far my favorite flavor.
3. Apple pancakes - Nope. I think this tastes like pancakes. The apple is VERY subtle almost indiscernable.
4. Golden Pie Crust - Maybe. I'm not sure. The buttery flavor is just not there. It tastes like somthing is wrong with this one.
5. Heart throb - I'm not sure AT ALL what this is supposed to taste like, but the description is not right to me. I won't say what this REALLY tastes like except that it almost went straight into the trash.

Perhaps there is something in regards to experience with e-liquids similar to wine. Only after years of drinking it (wine) can you taste the subtle differences. Problem is, these differences were not so subtle to me. Perhaps its my equipment or settings. I would look forward to anyone helping me out in tuning things up in order to get these to vape well.
General issue with all these flux flavors - There is something that tastes......well.....off about all of them. It's the aftertaste. I'm not sure what it is, but Iv'e not experienced anything like it in any of the 100+ different flavors I've had and vaped to date at these same settings. I know that isn't a lot of flavors sampled because I am still sort of counting, but its enough to have SOME idea.

Throat hit - ALMOST non-exhistant with all of them except candy cane. I would expect that one to produce a good throat hit. I'm not looking for a hard punch here, I realize im at 17 mg. If I go too high on the voltage or wattage they taste like they are burning, especially with puffing. My tank is broke in as well so I know its not the tank being new that is the problem.

Vapor - Not bad. I'd call it moderate WITH CANDY CANE. The rest, mild to moderate. What am I comparing this to? Pretty much all the liquids I've vaped at these settings with this battery on this mod which have been far greater in this department.

Overall rating (1-10 scale) = 5 for everything except candy cane. I'd give that a 7-8 overall.

I am going to let them steep for longer. I have tried them at day 1 and after 5 days of steeping. No change in taste. I have never had to steep a liquid before. They are sitting in my dark closet with the caps off. I will report back at 1 week of steeping and 2 weeks of steeping. Any longer than that and its just not worth the hastle to me. So far not so good. Sorry Flux. This could just all be my inexperience, but nothing has come close to this with the modest amount of flavors I have used.

I would be willing to try some other flavors from Flux. I would have to sample anything from this point on except candy cane. That would get thumbs up. I expect more after steeping. I guess only time will tell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread