5 Pawn's Castle Long is Inconsistent

Status
Not open for further replies.

decalservice

Oct 7, 2014
Austin, TX.
Hello there folks,

I am a relatively new member, but not new to vaping. I've tried over 200 flavors from countless suppliers, and still have most my bottles.

My favorite was Castle Long. I say ''was'' because the first few bottles were WONDERFUL. Tasted as described.

Lately, the last few bottles I've gotten from them or their distributors have tasted WAY different. One was musty, one was banana-y and one was just foul. I let 5 pawns know, and they kindly arranged for postage for me to ship back two of those bottles and send me another 2. I had all different strengths, 6, 12 and 18. Mind you, I have had all 3 strengths in the past and they all tasted great.

Well, one of the ones they sent as exchange was on par with what it should taste like. The other one was even worse than the ones I sent back. The two even SMELL different.

Has anyone run into this issue before? I tried emailing them again, politely thanking them for exchanging my bottles, but also expressing concern about my new hesitation in ordering any more bottles from them.

Before you ask, yes, I always use a new coil and wick before tasting, and I have used different atomizers for each as well. I have tried all three flavors in a fresh and cleaned authentic Kayfun, a fresh and cleaned iclear 16, a few different fresh and cleaned RDAs, and also a cleaned nautilus mini with BVC coil.

There is a severe inconsistency, and I'd like to know if anyone encountered this and how they solved it. I really can't stand not enjoying my favorite juice, especially when they are close to $30 a bottle. I've let them steep, and I've let them breathe. The point still remains, each tastes different, and not in a good way.

Hoping someone can chime in and help me enjoy this goodness again!

(P.S., the first time I tried CL was in a iclear16, 18mg, and BOY! Was it tasty!)

Last edited:

jaba62

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
New Jersey USA
Don't know about 5 pawns, though I sampled it and loved it, I decided on the kings crown. I really loved it. i would assume they would make good on it if you sent it back. Nothing pisses me off more than paying 25$ a bottle and that happening. I would tell them they lost a customer unless they make good, but that is just me. there is SO MUCH competition these days, try and use that to your advantage. Good luck!

caroloto

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Freeport, IL
I had the same sort of problem with a different suppose to be top e-juice Evo lately and one of my favorite flavor. I couldn't blame that one I bought 2 weeks ago on Evo, I also put it in a newly cleaned tank (glass) with new coils and it was by far the worst tasting awful, so I set it aside that night and retried it the next day. Still awful, was ready to dump the tank and throw the whole bottle away since the local vape shop has a no return on e juices. Well I picked up the bottle and the use by date on it was 7 months ago. They sold me outdated e juice, needless to say I did bring it back and they exchanged it for me. Before leaving the store I double checked the used by date on the replacement bottle. I couldn't wait to get this into a newly cleaned tank with new coils and let me tell you even though the taste was better then the outdated one it wasn't the same taste as ones in the past at all. I do believe that some brands of e juices are not at all consistent. I know I will not buy this Evo flavor again.

decalservice

Oct 7, 2014
Austin, TX.
LOL! I meant I've tried over 200 flavors... not 2000. That would just be crazy!

I just got an email from Five Pawns, and even though I never asked them to, they are insisting to send me another bottle of 12mg to try out. I have to admit, their customer service IS top notch. Now if only the juices could be a bit more stabilized and consistent, they will have a great customer for life in me.

Agreed, it is painful spending over $25 a bottle just to feel like you need to throw it out. I suppose that there are so many variables (different organic ingredient strengths and batches and brands and suppliers, who mixes it, how much they care, how long it steeps, if they reuse syringes from other batches, if they accidentally taint it with another flavor)

After all, these companies aren't like Coca-Cola, who can control every facet of supply and production and are renowned for consistency between cans.

I get the dilemma, I really do, but with such a fine product as CL, these issues need to be ironed out... they have a fine product, the correct attitude about it, great customer service, and I'm sure they will see it through.

Let you guys know what happens!

oxygen thief

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Don't know about 5 pawns, though I sampled it and loved it, I decided on the kings crown. I really loved it. i would assume they would make good on it if you sent it back. Nothing pisses me off more than paying 25$ a bottle and that happening. I would tell them they lost a customer unless they make good, but that is just me. there is SO MUCH competition these days, try and use that to your advantage. Good luck!
read his post.

oxygen thief

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
I haven't seen another thread like this but it may be on here somewhere. It's hard to believe that one person can get that many bad bottles of juice when thousands don't get one.
My tastes change but I very very rarely get a juice that tastes off or really off unless it's from bottom dollar assembly line makers. I don't doubt that you are convinced of this, it's just hard for me to believe.

decalservice

Oct 7, 2014
Austin, TX.
I have to admit, I thought I was going crazy too, but it's so glaringly obvious that one bottle tastes SUPER musty compared to the other bottles. I have total, 2 bottles of 12mg reserve, 2 bottles of 18, a bottle of 6, and a bottle of 12.

The new bottle of 12 tastes drastically different from the others, and in fact worse than the one I sent back for them to replace.

I set up a blind taste test with 2 friends and my wife, using 4 identical new mini rdas with new wicks (got 10 of the same for my diy projects). Each tester said that the one that was nasty was the 12.

Either way, 5 pawns promised me good flavor this time, so I'll try again and report back. They have been super professional this whole time though, to their credit.

Shipmonster

Aug 13, 2014
Paradise
After I posted last night, today I was thinking maybe the Evo needs to be steep? I'll give the bottle a few weeks and retry it again.

Honestly.. Steep everything you get. Let it breath for a day and it'll be ready. The only juice I've found to be an exception is Lush. I don't know what they do but straight out of the box it's ready to go. All other juices I let steep.

decalservice

Oct 7, 2014
Austin, TX.
Ya know what? Come to think of it, the first castle long experience i had was with the sample pack. It was AMAZING and then from there on out it was just good to meh.

Is it possible that they jack up the flavor content of their sample packs? I mean, it doesn't make sense, but so far you, one other person and I have all said the same thing. Maybe we are looking thru nostalgic lenses?

Sigh.... why is it that its always tough for your favorite something to stay consistent? been like this all my life... phones, cars, drinks (Crystal Pepsi and OK Cola... yes, I liked those lol) and many other things in life don't stick around or change in a way you don't like.

I really hope this new bottle of CL does a complete 180. I seriously do.

Anyone think it could be vaper's tongue for me? I mean, the other bottles are OK, but nothing at all like the first few tankfuls and bottles.

I had similar problems last month with Gambit and Grandmaster. The sample packs are just amazing. with full flavor, but once I got the big bottle it was not as good.
The taste was not profound and strong. It was muted.

Finished off CLR and it was good. Dated two months ago.

decalservice

Oct 7, 2014
Austin, TX.
I gotta say, I let CL sit out overnight and tried it again today... it was FOUL. don't know if its the organic flavors they use but man, I'm never airing out my CL ever again. yuck.

Honestly.. Steep everything you get. Let it breath for a day and it'll be ready. The only juice I've found to be an exception is Lush. I don't know what they do but straight out of the box it's ready to go. All other juices I let steep.

decalservice

Oct 7, 2014
Austin, TX.
Ok guys, here's the update, and its GOOD. 5Pawns sent me a replacement for the replacement 12mg and I'm super excited to say that it is, to date, the best CL I've had. I've seen small fluctuations between the dozen or so good bottles I've had, but the last 2 were just... bad.

This replacement bottle verified several things... that my palate is not broken, that I'm not crazy, that my equipment is ok, and last but not least, that 5pawns like everyone else has slip ups from time to time, but that they are a stand up company and are true to the term ''customer satisfaction''.

At the risk of sounding like a 5pawns spokesperson or groupie, I am very impressed, nay, blown away by their desire to make things right. In the end, it all worked out. I ordered another bottle from them to say ''thanks for fixing it''.

My appreciation to all who replied to this thread.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Ok guys, here's the update, and its GOOD. 5Pawns sent me a replacement for the replacement 12mg and I'm super excited to say that it is, to date, the best CL I've had. I've seen small fluctuations between the dozen or so good bottles I've had, but the last 2 were just... bad.

This replacement bottle verified several things... that my palate is not broken, that I'm not crazy, that my equipment is ok, and last but not least, that 5pawns like everyone else has slip ups from time to time, but that they are a stand up company and are true to the term ''customer satisfaction''.

At the risk of sounding like a 5pawns spokesperson or groupie, I am very impressed, nay, blown away by their desire to make things right. In the end, it all worked out. I ordered another bottle from them to say ''thanks for fixing it''.

My appreciation to all who replied to this thread.

Congrats on being validated plus having your patronage appreciated and respected. Many companies, as I am sure you know, would've said something like, "drink some water -- you must be dehydrated!" LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread