Castle Long STILL inconsistent! (customer service snafu)

Status
Not open for further replies.

decalservice

Oct 7, 2014
Austin, TX.
Proof of purchase history attached

Devices used:
iStick 50w with iSub tank, .5ohm
MPV 3 Pro with Starre tank, .25ohm
Sometimes an Aspire ESP30 with authentic Kayfun

Guys,

Some months ago, I posted about my experience with Five Pawns. Castle Long is my ADV, and it's gotten to the point where I can tell how good the juice will be just by the color and scent. (shouldn't have to, juice should be consistent!) I've definitely gone thru 50 or more bottles so far.

Few months ago, Five Pawns sent me a bottle which was musty and dank. I contacted them and was promptly sent a replacement bottle, no questions asked. The replacement bottle was good.

A few bottles later, the same thing happened. Again, contacted Brittney at FP, and was sent a replacement.

Flash forward to about 10 bottles after that, I place an order for 3 bottles, and to my sheer disappointment, two of the three have the same batch and date of March and both are quite sub-par. They tasted like ramen. No joke. It is June already by this point, so 3 month old bottles. The other one is made in May and is tasty, but still doesn't taste like CL should.

I contact FP and was told to ship the bottles back. Understandably, I'm sure there are some consumers that will lie and decieve to get free merchandise, so after the 2nd snafu, they want their bottles back. I hate the post office, hate packaging things, and definitely do NOT agree with having to pay postage to ship back a defective item. I decided my off-day is more valuable than visiting the post office, so I decide to eat the cost, which I agree now, was stupid. I figure I'll just forgive and forget this one time.

So, I place ANOTHER replacement order on my own dime. I explicitly ask in the notes that they ship a bottle that is the latest batch, or at LEAST one that is made after March. What do they do? Ship me one from February. 5 months old, more or less. As some of you know, CL doesn't seem to keep that well due to the natural ingredients. This bottle is beyond stale. Tastes of bland cinnamon somehow!

I am in a love/hate relationship. I love CL when it's right, but am so let down in so many ways when its not.

Have any of you had inconsistent CL? Bottles that taste noticeably different from each other? It seems to be something that they can't quite get a hold of yet. FP has been pretty cool in keeping me happy, but as a customer that spends $150 or so each month, I feel like the high-end consistency is not there for such a self-purported high end brand.

I'd love to know if any of you have experienced something similar and if I should take my business elsewhere. I'm really looking hard for a reason to give these guys my continued business despite their coolness in the past.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-20-17-15-25.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-20-17-15-25.png
    103 KB · Views: 45

decalservice

Oct 7, 2014
Austin, TX.
Thanks guys, the odd thing is, the first few months I had no problems. It was only after I started buying on a regular basis that these things happpened. Also, the reserve does not seem to have this issue so far. However, the last bottle of reserve did seem considerably more sweet. In fact I think I WILL send the bottles back, but only to prove my distaste for them. I know that there's only a SLIM to none chance they will actually vape some and say ''yeah, that's bad, we should admit it''.

I wish they would, if only to normalize the flavors. My guess is that the organic flavorings / extracts and age of the bottles are what is causing the fluctuations.

decalservice

Oct 7, 2014
Austin, TX.
Willy, have you tried that recipe, and does it taste very close?

I've tried that recipe but not with the exact brand of regular vanilla and without sugar extra and it didn't come out very well. Maybe I'll try again with the right ingredients. I think with the CL its the oaky-almondy nose exhale that I love.... when the CL is right, that is.

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
I just received my very first order from FP. CL and Gambit. The Gambit is OK and the CL is pretty disappointing. They sent a little sample of Sixty-Four, which most people seem to hate. I found it interesting, different,and tolerable but I wouldn't order it. To me they all have the same heavy background base flavor. There is something a little acrid and hard on my throat that I haven't experienced before. I vape Halo every day so it's not like I'm extra sensitive to PG. Do these need to steep? I don't really care that it is expensive. Now you've got me wondering. How am I supposed to know what it's "supposed" to taste like? Lol.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Dude... I'm sorry. I had an almost identical situation with a juice company called Reign Drops. Their juice 'Festival' was fantastic and my ADV for the first 8 months I was vaping... Same exact thing. They messed up one batch, then a second, then all they were shipping out was a completely different juice, and it was awful! I eventually had to cut ties and move on.

For the last year or so I have been into DIY juice and recently ran across a Castle Long clone. I mixed up a batch, let a friend try it who loves CL and he said it is identical.

If you really love CL, want consistency, and want to save an insane amount of money... I advise you to try DIY. It may sound intimidating, but it is super easy after you get all the supplies. I would be glad to help you every step of the way and share that CL recipe with you.

Switching to DIY was the best decision I have ever made. I know exactly what I'm getting every time, can personalize my juices to my liking, and have a running cost of about $0.05/mL ($1.50/30mL). :) Life is good.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Willy, have you tried that recipe, and does it taste very close?

I've tried that recipe but not with the exact brand of regular vanilla and without sugar extra and it didn't come out very well. Maybe I'll try again with the right ingredients. I think with the CL its the oaky-almondy nose exhale that I love.... when the CL is right, that is.

That recipe was my starting point ... I make mine very similar and it is quite good.

Google Castle Long recipes and you will find several similar ones ... tweek a couple to your liking.

Good luck

Sent via iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread