5 weeks and counting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
I have been tobacco free now for over 5 weeks and I see no turning back. (unless they succeed in banning ecigs here in NY....) I have even lowered my nicotine level in this time. I started at 24mg with the samples I got at first. Then I ordered 18mg juice. My latest order was 12mg. I hope to be down to 6mg by summer at the latest. And, ultimately down to ZERO! (I still have lots of the samples left....I use them off and on when I need a kick!)

I have kidney disease so my doctor has been after me for years to quit smoking. Having smoked for over 35 years, I found quitting to be impossible. So, to me, ecigs are a blessing. My doctor will be happy to see that I quit when I go next month. :2cool:

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
Congratulations! Who knew we could stop smoking and then want to lower our nicotine? As someone who smoked over 20 years, I understand how it could seem like such an impossible feat. But thanks to these little devices, we finally have an alternative that works! It really works, it works so well that some of us can now consider really stepping down the nicotine and waning off completely. It is only AMAZING, a GODSEND, and like HOGIE said, "A blessing." For sure! :)

I was SO FED up with all of the ANTI-SMOKING stuff, I was desperate about quitting... and now that I have stopped SMOKING, and have found the E CIG - NOW I have to worry whether my state will ban E CIGS too! I think we can all agree that these politicians don't give a hoot about any of us or our smoking or vaping -- as far as I am concerned they are only trying to stop the financial bleeding that will happen or is happening because they aren't collecting the cigarette taxes they liberally imposed on us -- to the point that a pack in NY reached between 11 to 14 bucks a pack. NO, I don't think they want us to stop smoking... but I am glad that now the shoe is on the other foot, and now it is costing them! But they aren't giving up that $$ without a fight are they!

It would be a real travesty if they ban the electronic cigarettes - and take away the only alternative that has worked for so many of us and that could work for so many in the future. I say, smokers, ex-smokers, and vapers should unite and make our voices heard!

Now we need to fight for our quits!

Sheesh... that rant was a long time coming! Thanks Hogie :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread