Texas
    6emnxw.jpg

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    Thanks everybody. I haven't been posting much lately and didn't expect this many replies. When I first started vaping, I was pretty excited about it, being able to give up smoking finally. Shortly after I began the journey, I found this forum. Got all kinds of info hopefully without asking too many dumb questions. In short order, I was building coils and mixing juice. These days, I don't wrap too many coils, I like my fireluke for as long as I can get coils for it. Been mixing my own pretty steady now for about 3 yrs. I'll still buy the occasional bottle of a few that I haven't nailed the recipe down for. But all in all, it's been the best thing I could have done.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Congratulations!

My vape anniversary is Sept 15th. I started in 2015 and have not wavered.
    Well then a 5 day pre congrats to ya. :thumbs:(and six more..) I started this trip in 2014. :)

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Well then a 5 day pre congrats to ya. :thumbs:(and six more..) I started this trip in 2014. :)
    Vaping probably saved my life.

tldr; Long story but I ended up under the knife at Loyola for a new aortic valve and a 3-way bypass.

As I said, I started in 2015 and was vaping in late 2017, AND COULD NOT INHALE DEEP. I looked at the mod and thought it was the batteries...you know, it's run out of steam maybe? Nope! I tried again! I almost could not breathe!!!

Was I having a heart attack? Did I have pneumonia? Did I have pleurisy?

I jumped in the car and drove down to CVS to see the doc in a box, an RPN. The schedule was full, and as I stood there, the RPN came out. I told her the problem and she said it could be a number of things and you may be having a heart attack.

I drove 10 minutes to the hospital emergency room and told them the situation. They brought me in and tested me for tryptonin, YEP! I was having a heart attack and I caught it in the nick of time.

They took around 10 minutes, and wheeled me in for a coronary angiogram and found 3 artery blockages at 90% or worse. They wanted me to stay and do the bypass ASAP.

Stupid me, I did not like the hospital enough to stay there and left!!! Went home did some basic research on the best heart hospitals in North Central Illinois and decided to call Loyola and Northwestern.

Long story but I ended up less than 15 days later under the knife at Loyola for a new aortic valve and a 3-way bypass.

They kept me alive and I vape to this day.

IF YOU EVER CANNOT VAPE - RUN TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Vaping probably saved my life.
    I have no doubt that my wallet and my body are happier because I don't smoke anymore. I also don't think I will ever miss the 2 lbs. (so far..) of TAR that would be in my lungs..

Last edited:

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2010
    Ohio
    IF YOU EVER CANNOT VAPE - RUN TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM.
    Had a similar but different experience when I was having problems inhaling my vape. My lungs felt sloggy like I was drowning on dry land. Breathing got harder and harder. Turned out to be the result of increasing my VG to 50%. I dropped it back to 20% and experienced almost instant relief. In the meantime my Doctor, in trying to solve the trouble, had diagnosed me with COPD and I was given daily meds plus a rescue inhaler.

In the years leading up to this I had been plagued by long periods of weakness 1 to 2 weeks at a time - where I wasn't able to stay awake for more than one to two hours a day - just long enough to take my meds and grab a bite to eat, sometimes just a bit cheese or bread. After the COPD meds cleared all kinds of junk out my lungs we (my Doc and I) realized that those weak stretches were my body fighting off lung infections.

Had I not screwed around with my VG I would have never known about the underlying COPD or the lung infections. My breathing and my energy levels are now better than ever.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread