Status
Not open for further replies.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Thought I'd ask you veterans. Hope you can help.

I ordered some 801 cartos for DH with hard whistle tips. They were so bad with flux, etc., residue, and possibly some filler I couldn't use them, even after soaking and boiling. So I ordered some cartos from another vendor but when they came in they didn't have whistle tips; my bad.

He is currently using 801 cart/attys with hard whistle tip and that is all he wants to use.

The tips, hard and soft, that come with the attys don't fit in the soft cap carto as it has a smaller diameter than the atty and carto that comes with the whistle tip so those tips don't fit these smaller diameter cartos.

My 510 drip tips do fit in these cartos.

Anybody know if whistle tips sans cart or carto exist for 510s that have the little o-ring for grip?

Sure would appreciate help. I can certainly use these smaller diameter 801 cartos with my 510 drip tips (I use them even when not dripping as I like the feel.) and adapters with my 510 mods but I'm getting my first Reo soon... hope, hope and probably will be using it pretty much all the time, using a 306 atty probably.

Just hate to not use these 801s if there is a simple solution.

Thanks much, Alice

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Thought I'd ask you veterans. Hope you can help.

I ordered some 801 cartos for DH with hard whistle tips. They were so bad with flux, etc., residue, and possibly some filler I couldn't use them, even after soaking and boiling. So I ordered some cartos from another vendor but when they came in they didn't have whistle tips; my bad.

He is currently using 801 cart/attys with hard whistle tip and that is all he wants to use.

The tips, hard and soft, that come with the attys don't fit in the soft cap carto as it has a smaller diameter than the atty and carto that comes with the whistle tip so those tips don't fit these smaller diameter cartos.

My 510 drip tips do fit in these cartos.

Anybody know if whistle tips sans cart or carto exist for 510s that have the little o-ring for grip?

Sure would appreciate help. I can certainly use these smaller diameter 801 cartos with my 510 drip tips (I use them even when not dripping as I like the feel.) and adapters with my 510 mods but I'm getting my first Reo soon... hope, hope and probably will be using it pretty much all the time, using a 306 atty probably.

Just hate to not use these 801s if there is a simple solution.

Thanks much, Alice

Alice,

I don't know of any drip tips that are whistle tipped or any regular whistle tip carts that have an o ring. However, not all whistle tips are equal. The 901 whistle tip from Totally Wicked:

Refillable Electronic Cigarette Cartridges - DSE901

... is a bit different than the DSE 901 and 510 cartridges. It's a 'two piece' much like the regular 801 cartridge and it runs a bit bigger than other 901 and 510 cartridges. It still fits but the fit is much tighter and you might be able to use one of these with the 801 cartomizer and still have a 'whistle tip'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread