510 Atty Burnt taste???

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapeguy123

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2011
Hey guys so I'm a noob, only been vaping for a little over a week. I have three atomizers and was vapng juice from Northernvapor with no problems, then I got some juice from Vaporskitchen and within 3 days all three of my attys tasted burnt. VK has a thicker/sweeter juice so I'm guessing it clogged them up, also I'm pretty sure I flooded my attys after hearing everyone talking about always keeping them wet. So I read up on cleaning techniques, and decided to simmer my attys in vinegar for 10 minutes and then I left them over night and did a dry burn in the morning. I also dewicked one of them cause I read that the wick burns or something. That one and another still taste really burnt, I got one working but the vapor isn't as good as it was. Does anyone know how I can get that burnt taste out? I'm gonna try soaking them in Coke overnight hope it works but not high hopes...

Anyone got any ideas of how to get that burnt taste out (they still work as I'm getting vapor)

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
Try getting some Atty Refresher (heard about it on VaporCast) , or just straight PG. I usually just boil them in water and let them dry overnight and that gets the job done, but I have been trying the straight PG and it seems to help on taste. I haven't had much luck with the rubbing alcohol, and haven't tried the coke. Might just be the juice. Try some from Ivape.net that is where I got my straight PG. I find that VG juice is just not for me on taste.

Kerrman

Apr 28, 2011
Prescott AZ
I haven't had any luck with cleaning the carts that I use. I have tried plain water, distilled water, vinegar and water, alcohol and water (be careful with ISO alcohol it is poisonous) none of them worked in fact I then ended up trying to figure out how to get rid of the vinegar taste or the alcohol taste :confused: good luck in trying to clean them. I just use them up and toss them.

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
Every time I have used the Rubbing Alcohol it has popped my atty (not to mention the poison part). I think it messes with the coil. Vodka worked pretty well, just sat it in a shot glass over night, but it felt like a party fail. I am going to try the shot glass of PV with the atomizer in boiling water next time I have a problem, but I don't use carto's much and I have never had a burnt taste from them, or much taste at all.

alxrbk

Dec 17, 2009
Uk
I always leave them overnight in diet coke and then soak them in water for the remainder of the next day, then sit them out on tissue paper standing up, so any free water drips out.
Finally, I wrap them all in tissue paper; it's a little time consuming but the overall effort is pretty low. I find that it removes all taste and they seem to start up pretty nicely, just three drips in and a full cart. You can blow out the water before you sit them on the paper too, this seems to get them nice and dry in the end.

Anyway, I hope this is helpful.

Alex

SkeetS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
A, A
First of all...Vinegar? really?
Are you cleaning attys or making a salad?
The best thing i have to clean my attys is....ruffle the drums please..... Pure vodka...
Just let those atty's overnight but blow the vodka out (you can blow the vodka to the recipient where they are soaking) and put then back in again.
When you notice the wick is white (wick is the thread underneath the bridge) then the atty is clean.
Blow the vodka one last time to a tissue paper until the vodka stops coming out.
Next, put 4 or 5 drops on the atty and let it rest for a while.
Put some more drops on it and if theres leakage, clean it.
Screw the atty on the batt and try to vape but without the vapor going to your lungs. Try to fell the taste.
If it's a burnt taste put one more drop.

At the beggining it won't give much vapor but after a while the atty will be working at 100%.
I do this every weekend and just a reminder...always have spares....

SkeetS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
A, A
Oh...About the dewicking...keep in mind that you are removing the piece that is responsable for getting the juice to the resistance.
So if you remove it, the juice doesn't have where to grab...only the mesh above and around the bridge resulting in bigger leakage issues.
If you wanna try to remove the wick, first try it on a almost dead atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread