Burnt taste with atty's

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
Yes they still work, but you should only do it if you are dripping. Do a search on this forum and you will find allot of how-to videos for this. You might kill an atty or two till you get the hang of it.

If you are using carts, then you should drop a couple drops of liquid down the sides of the atomizer every time you rifill your carts. This will keep the atty moist and should prolong the life a little bit.

Also,if you are dripping you will want to add a couple of drops to the atty then let it sit for 30 seconds then put a few more drops. This is called priming the atty before vaping off of it.

This is what has worked for me and has revived numerous atties that I thought were dead.

woolfe99

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
San Francisco
The burnt taste is often from solids which have formed inside the atty. I think certain liquids have more tendency to do this than others. In any event, you need to clean the atty well to get rid of the solids. I soak mine in denture cleaner, then Everclear, then boil them. About 4 hours in each and a 15 minute boil. You can see the solids floating in the solution. Sometimes the atties come out of it vaping really weak and never come back, other times they are like new. But the burnt taste is always gone if I seek it long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread