510 Atty Cleaning Success

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooney0

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
Falls Church, VA
I've managed to get my underperforming atty to work like a champ. Here is what I did and have learned.

Problem:

This atty had a hard draw. It would put a small amount of vapor. The atty would never get very warm even after repeated puffs. It would also flood and leak quickly.

How I "fixed" it:

Blow it out from the battery side. Use a napkin to blot extra juice from the cart side.

Soak in 80 proof vodka for several hours.

Leave sit for more than a day. If it smells like vodka its not dry.

Top off cart and use. You will need to top off the cart again very quickly since the atty is bone dry and will empty the cartridge.

Result:

The draw starts off very light then gets medium. I actually got too much vapor and throat hit! :D The vapor is thicker and the flavor is stronger.

Since its working better I can take much shorter puffs more like a regular cigarette.

What i've learned: ( i think )

- I believe the heavy draw and low vapor production was caused by a build up of fluid or junk which will not vaporize.

- If the atty doesn't dry completely you've done no good cleaning it. Leftover vodka, coke, or water won't vaporize or go away on its own.

- Once you get a build up of unspent fluid things will likely only get worse as the coil temperature gets colder.

- The long drying time makes it impractical to clean many atomizers at once. This is made easier by owning a few spares.

Quick sum up:

Get junk out.
Dry and drain completely so as not to add junk.

-Gooney0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread