510 battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ftlum

Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Hi All.

I've heard such mixed reviews on the 510 automatic battery-- what's the latest on this? I'm not really interested on the manual version.

Is the latest iteration of the 510 automatic reliable? Does it still burn too hot, not turn off fast enough, or cause premature atomizer failure?

If it's still got issues, is Joytech going to be fixing them soon (or just dumping them for the manuals)?

Also, who carries the 510? I found dietsmokes, janty, electronicstix, the smokesafe, widows bead, + one other site that stopped because of the quality issues they were seeing. Any others?

thanks!

rsmith76

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Bradford, Ohio
I have purchased several kits from Jason at electronicstix.com with no issues. The last 2 kits I purchased were the manual batteries. I think there is a post on the forum here where Jason stated that he will be getting more automatic batteries in stock. I have not tried the manual batteries yet, but think I would favor the automatic battery.

rsmith76

Safira

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Plainfield,IL
I do use a joye510, but since I'm rather new to PV's you should probably take my review with a grain of salt. (I never tried the older model) Mine is the newer redone model, only 2 holes in the atomizer. As for the automatic cut off, the battery light still stays on for another 1/2 a second after I finish my inhale. The atomizer also can get very hot because you have the freedom to suck on it like a baby does on a pacifier. The auto batteries are very sensitive, outside on a windy day and you'll get a very nice light show. IMHO it smokes most like a real cig though. The draw is so easy, and even though I have 4 atomizers 2 are put away, and I rotate between 2 in use, knock on wood no atomizer failures within days like what was being said before.

My DH has a DSE 910, from TW. (is it really a 910 or what I'm not sure, my brain can't keep track of all these different models) His is very nice, his batteries last much longer than mine do. I still prefer the throat hit off my 510. I need to have 4 auto batteries in rotation through the day, he can get one to last him the whole day. I vape more because I'm home but still, his batteries do last longer than mine.

For suppliers, I purchased mine from someone who it looks like used to sell on e-bay. They look like they had just put up a website, and all I can say is I didn't have a problem with them. (I don't think I can mention them, I'm new and don't want to look like a troll) Don't forget TW has the titan, which I think is a 510 also. I just bought a manual battery from eletronicstix, for times when I'll be outside. I didn't think I would like a manual, but the manual battery smokes like a steam train.

hth

sendit2mybb

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
I just received my 510 yesterday from James at the Smokesafe and it is awesome! I have many e-cigs (that's an understatement) and have been using my Vapor King primarily for the last month; although, this 510 so far (just in 2 days) has amazing vapor. I actually prefer the automatic battery more than the manual. I can get a nice long draw (5-6) seconds w/ a huge amount of vapor. Yes, there sometimes is a 1/2 second delay until the battery shuts off; although, if you do a small primer puff and then a long inhale...this usually does not occur. The atomizer does get very hot with the automatic battery; although, I've just been taking a few puffs..putting it down to cool off and topping off my cart pretty regularly.

For what it's worth (and only a mere 2 day review) I'm pleased that I purchased the 510 and hope it lasts...we'll see:D So, for what it's worth...thus far....great e-cig!

dijohn76

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Cascade,MT
You may want to be adventurous and give the manual battery a try. It appears they are sealed and fluid won't cause problems like the automatic battery has been reported to do. Anywho just a suggestion.
Best Regards

I have the Yeti (510) from Smokesafe and I just love it. I use the manual at home and for dripping and the automatic on the go. So far (18 days) no problems with either auto or manual nor any atomizer problems:)

Tennisbob

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
I have got the itan 510 from TECC, did have some issues originally with batteries and atomisers but all replaced with no prolem promptly by TECC, battery life is not fantastic but having 3 batteries on the go certainly helps. Bought an Evolution (initially as a backup) but probably prefer to vape on that, carts last a little longer and batteries much longer, not quite the vapour and throat hit as the Titan though..... one issue I have found with both though is that the pre filled carts do seem to be a little hit and miss as to the life of them!

texandziggy

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2009
Vermont
I'd suggest you consider giving the manual battery a shot. I really didn't think I'd like it at first either, but I love it. You pretty quickly adapt to holding it in such a way that pushing the button on the battery is totally natural. The manual batteries are sealed - I've been dripping directly onto the atomizer for over a month with zero battery issues. I'm also still on the first atomizer which is impressive.

Plus, there's none of that primer puff business which I always disliked, and no cut off. I inhaled mine for 12 seconds and it didn't cut off - I just couldn't inhale any longer. I really think it's the closest thing to an analog out there.

My experience thus far with the batteries is they take about 90 minutes to charge from being completely dead, and last for about 4 hours.

I've gone from not thinking I'd like manual batteries to a total convert.

Huxley

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
UK
I'd suggest you consider giving the manual battery a shot. I really didn't think I'd like it at first either, but I love it. You pretty quickly adapt to holding it in such a way that pushing the button on the battery is totally natural. The manual batteries are sealed - I've been dripping directly onto the atomizer for over a month with zero battery issues. I'm also still on the first atomizer which is impressive.

Plus, there's none of that primer puff business which I always disliked, and no cut off. I inhaled mine for 12 seconds and it didn't cut off - I just couldn't inhale any longer. I really think it's the closest thing to an analog out there.

My experience thus far with the batteries is they take about 90 minutes to charge from being completely dead, and last for about 4 hours.

I've gone from not thinking I'd like manual batteries to a total convert.

Got to agree with this. I really didn't think that I'd like the manual batteries, but they are much better. I don't like the switch on the top, so I cunningly just turn it round and operate it with my thumb. :D

I've been very impressed with the manual batteries.

Tumbleweed4829

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2008
Virginia, USA
It seems to me that the auto batteries work great the first few days and then I start having the problem of them cutting off way too soon (sometimes the primer puff works but not always). I also have a battery that is not dead but it takes alot for it to light up and work...any solutions to that? Can you buy manual batteries somewhere in white? All I can find are manual batteries in black.

Huxley

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
UK
It seems to me that the auto batteries work great the first few days and then I start having the problem of them cutting off way too soon (sometimes the primer puff works but not always). I also have a battery that is not dead but it takes alot for it to light up and work...any solutions to that? Can you buy manual batteries somewhere in white? All I can find are manual batteries in black.

TW in the UK do the manual batteries in white, don't know about the US, but I would assume that they have pretty much the same stock.

Yes, they have them here:

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/product.asp?id=69

MadScientistVapor

Feb 7, 2010
New Hampshire
The only time I use an auto battery is when I am playing video games, or need both hands. Manuals are so much better, you have much more control over everything. My 510 auto battery is a piece of junk. It has variable cut off times from 3 seconds to 8, it does not produce nearly as much vapor, and it way over sensitive. I think any experienced vapor will come to realize manual's are the way to go.

jcb287

Jan 20, 2010
Lancaster,Ohio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread