510 carto + eGo cone + 901 flat tip ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
I had no idea how to title this thread...

I've got an eGo, a 510 cartomizer and a 901 flat tip mouth piece. I want these things to all work together, but I think I'm going to have to make some modifications for that to happen.

Here's the situation:

eGo cone + 510 carto
The eGo cone fits a bit snug over the cartomizer because of the paper around it and that makes the draw harder than I'd like. I could leave the cone off, of course, but then it doesn't look as nice. So I think the best solution would be to shorten the cone by maybe 1/32". If I screw it up, oh well — I've got another cone. My only real concern is chipping the rubberized coating. Has anyone tried doing anything like this?

510 carto + 901 flat tip
I've tried sticking my 901 flat tip mouth piece on the 510 carto, but the internal length is a problem. The end of the cart extends too far down, hitting the filler inside the cartomizer and making it impossible to get any airflow (or vapor) through it. So I need to shorten the 901 cartridge. That should be easy enough to do with a razor blade, but I'm wondering if it might also make the cart pop off too easily. Has anyone cut a mouthpiece down to fit a 510 carto, and if so, did you have any trouble with it staying on afterwards?

Last edited:

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
I have cut down a cone before, originally to be able to fit an 801 atty. It can be done just use a very fine tremel blade.

As for your Carto question, I use the 510 flat tips in my Cartos and they work fine. The 901 is a little longer so I am sure they will need to be trimmed. Or just pick yourself up some 510 flat tips.

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
Cool, thanks for the tips. I figured I'd use my Dremel for the cone cut-down. As for the cart tips, the only 510 "flat tips" I've ever found are the whistle tips. But the 901 flat tips are truly flat, which I prefer (more comfortable, I think). I never knew they were actually longer, though. I guess I never compared them!

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
Telsie -- I think I remember reading somewhere that taking the paper off the carto helps the cone fit better...haven't tried it, but makes sense.

Yeah, I think the actual diameter of the carto is the same as an atty. It's just the paper that adds the thickness. The paper is already starting to peel on my first carto, so I pulled at it a bit to see if it might come off without much trouble. Nope. I'd have to work at it for a while and then deal with cleaning off the adhesive. Also, any time I was ready for a new carto, I'd have to peel the paper if I wanted to put the cone on. So I don't think that's the best solution. Thanks for the suggestion, though :)

Using a pointy shaped dremel head to shave a few micrometres off the inner cone diameter is supposed to work well too.

Oh I hadn't thought of just grinding out the inside of the cone tip a bit. Maybe I'll go that route instead. Thanks for the idea.

CJsKee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
Yeah, I think the actual diameter of the carto is the same as an atty. It's just the paper that adds the thickness. The paper is already starting to peel on my first carto, so I pulled at it a bit to see if it might come off without much trouble. Nope. I'd have to work at it for a while and then deal with cleaning off the adhesive. Also, any time I was ready for a new carto, I'd have to peel the paper if I wanted to put the cone on. So I don't think that's the best solution. Thanks for the suggestion, though :).

O, yeah, that would be way too much trouble! I think I've seen them sold w/o the paper (silver) maybe at Ikenvape?

Good luck with whatever you decide and let us know what works :toast:

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
WD-40 is your friend for removing the glue residue from peeled cartos. I can strip and clean 5 cartos in a bout 10 minutes.

Also, instead of cutting the cone, you could drill it from the inside (threaded end to narrow end) with a drill bit thats just a hair larger than a carto.

I prefer to strip them. To me, they seem to vape better without the vinyl wrap on them. Could be all in my head tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread