510 compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarzan

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
Hiya.

I know this isn't the best category to ask this, but since I'm new here and this place is run by nazis, I'm not allowed to post in the grown-ups' part of the forum yet.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering what components are compatible with the specific 510 model sold from TECC (called "Titan"). Would I be safe in buying a Janty PCC, for example? It looks completely identical to the Titan PCC available from TECC, but the latter can only be bought as a starter kit.

Any experience with this?

Has anyone worked on a complete list of e-cigs from which one might deduce what parts go together?

Cheerio,
me

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Well, the forum isn't exactly run by nazis. :oops: Keeping newcomers to one particular board for posting gives them a chance to walk before they run . . . and kind of cuts down on spammers. :)

Here's a link to a pretty nice listing of different models and compatibility. I'm sure there are others out there, but this is the one I refer to.

The Different Types of E-Cigarettes (TOC)

Tarzan

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
Anyone who doesn't let me do anything I want is a nazi. Don't argue with me!

Anyway, that's informative, thanks. I did notice there's a difference between the Dura-C and the Dura something-else. iVapour sells the PCC and I'm inclined to get one (though it's currently out of stock) but they note that it's "incompatible with Dura-C batteries". As far as I can tell from that list on Vapeatron, the difference between the Dura and the Dura-C is only that the Dura-C has some sort of manual control option? Since my Titan doesn't have any option like that I guess it would be equivalent to the plain Dura, and thus work with the Janty PCC?

Heh. I'm starting to see why e-smoking is catching on so slowly. This is a confusing market. :O

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
The only difference is one battery is manual and one is automatic. The manual battery is just a shade too long. You can get it in there, but it'll put some stress on the lid of the PCC and the lid is a little flimsy. Will probably eventually bow it out a little making the case not work with the auto batteries. Just a mistake as far as I can tell that nobody realized until too late and steps are already being taken to fix this in future manual batteries.

Tarzan

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
Alrighty then. Seems as if spamming the board with pointless messages is the way to become a trusted member and get posting privileges, so here's another one. :)

It seems I can get the Dura battery £3 cheaper than the Titan battery, from iVapour, and iVapour don't try to hide the price of the product under P&P (which I find about as distasteful as store loyalty cards, boo), so I ordered one along with some chocolate liquid yay. (Good job selling 10 ml bottles, encourages you to experiment, doesn't it.)

So far this is all good news. Thanks a lot for the help. To further increase my post count I'll let you know how the battery works out once it arrives.

By the way, anyone try the Mini Fogger? Apparently it's related to the 510, but are the parts compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread