510 connector atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agrean

Jun 27, 2016
Hello to everyone. I apologize for my bad english. I want to make rda atomizer with my friend. The design of the atomizer is complete, but we are having trouble with the 510 connector. As far as we know the atomizer 510 connector m7 x 0.5. How many mm should be the outer diameter for threading? How many mm should inner diameter and lenght of 510 Connector?
Thanks in advance.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thank you for reply. But I asking 510 connector rod outside diameter for threading, inner diameter and lenght.
Hi,
Perhaps this may help: shot in the dark... cad files for 510 connector?
OD of a finished connector is just under 7mm.
Depending on how much material your tool removes, oversize by that amount to achieve your final dimensions.
What is the depth of the female 510 you are using? How far will your center pin extend past the end of the 510 threads?
What devices are you using as models?

Cheers
I

Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thank you for reply. But I asking 510 connector rod outside diameter for threading, inner diameter and lenght.
I think that 5mm is the length, or the depth of the female connector anyway. As to the length of the male connector there’s a certain amount of slop involved. Less than 5mm of course. Some are longer or shorter than each other by a bit. The positive connector tends to be screw adjustable or these days generally spring loaded on the female end, and if the positive pin protrudes on the male end it’s safer in certain situations. That end is also often screw adjustable as well.
One would think you’d have a micrometer lying around to measure stuff if you’re machining things. Just measure a few. Heck I’m bored, and I’ve got a micrometer and bunch of attys lying around.... survey says a bit less than ~6.9mm external, and they seem to be ~6.3mm below the threads. I don’t trust either me or my micrometer (it’s cheap) for anything below a tenth of a mm. Best practice to look up the actual spec though. Shouldn’t be too hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread