510 Dual Coil - XXXXL (4XL) Cartomizer from Altsmoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Anyone tried any of these big boys? A carto that holds 4 ml!

I ordered a couple to try out on my new BB. I've been looking for something that I can use with a few juices I have that are known to destroy polycarbonate clearos/tanks, and I thought this might be an option. Only 3 reviews on Altsmoke's site (mostly favorable), but I'm interested in more feedback.
AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Smoktek XXXXL (4XL) 510 Dual Coil Cartomizers
View attachment 103879

Amazingly, there doesn't seem to be any reviews on YouTube on these, although I did find one by PBysardo doing a review of the Leo Dual Coil LR Cartomizer, which looks almost exactly like the Altsmoke offering. A PBusardo Review Leo Dual Coil LR Cartomizer - YouTube

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hmmm, over 100 views and no responses. Well, I've been using one for a few days now with my favorite juice. I had been looking for a device that wasn't constructed with polybicarbonate plastic, and this is stainless steel likr smaller cartos. The filler material inside appears to be different than the 808 cartos I had been familiar with. It appears to be readily absorbant, soaking up juice quickly. There's alot of room in these guys; I didn't have any way to measure how much juice it could take but I have read from 4-5 ml.

On both my Silver Bullet and BB, the draw is nice and airy. I did not not detect any evidence of the new poly material in the vape. There is plenty of plume from the dual coils. I actually liked the feel of the delrin whistle tips in my mouth (reminded me of the mini cigars I had tried in my younger days); a couple sources have complained that they depart a bad taste, but I detected none. Round tips are available if you don't care for that style.

All in all, I am pleased with this carto. It looks nice on both mods and vapes nice. It did seem to perform better if I keep the filler moist and topped off, but it could last me 1-2 days of frequent vaping without needing a top off. The draw starts to get tighter as the liquid gets low. I've refilled it about 3 times and the flavor has remained the same. I have no experience on how easy it would be to clean or replace the filler material.

So, a big thumbs up. A good alternative to small tanks and large clearos for those vapers that want a 4-5 ml disposable device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread