510 Mega Carto Kit problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whippit96

Jul 22, 2010
Effort, PA
Hello all, I'm writing this for my mother who recently purchased the 510 Mega carto kit to start her vaping experience on my recommendation. She received her kit in a very timely manner as we all have come to expect from Madvapes.com. But the first day of use her one battery was malfunctioning by staying turned on even after you let off of the button. But the red light would not come on at all. This ended up burning up one of the cartomizers she was using.

She sent in a ticket, and hoagie promptly sent her a new battery. She received the battery very quickly and once she got it made sure she charged it for a good couple of hours. But when she used it, it only worked for a few drags. Then it just completely stopped working. The red light would not come on at all and when we put it on the charger the red light doesn't blink and on my 510 charger the light on the charger won't even turn red.

At this point she is getting very discouraged, so I let her use one of my normal 510 batteries until she gets this straightened out with madvapes. I personally told her to ask for two normal 510 batteries in exchange for the one mega battery. But I'm wondering if anyone else has had any problems with these 510 mega batteries, or specifically the red light ones?

Justin

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
My wife and I each got one DOA battery in our Mega 510 kits but the replacements Hoogie sent were golden. Bear in mind that any defects in manufacturing aren't the fault of Mad Vapes. They are a distributor, not a manufacturer and a few bad batteries are bound to roll through the production line. However, stick with him and a guarantee he will make it right for you. I've probably ordered a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff from Mad Vapes since I started vaping and I have zero complaints with the customer service so far. (Other that I wish the post office was a bit faster moving things west but that isn't Hoogie's fault.)

Whippit96

Jul 22, 2010
Effort, PA
Thanks for the reply Willie, and yeah I understand that these things happen but it was odd to have two in a row. And I wasn't saying anything bad about Madvapes at all I use them all the time and love their store. My mom also told me tonight that Hoogie is in fact sending her two normal 510's to replace the mega battery. Which is great of him to do and he has been very helpful with my mother's issues.

Whippit96

Jul 22, 2010
Effort, PA
Hey DoubleD, they did make it right very quickly like I knew they would. But I find it interesting that you say you like the carto's that came with the mega kit? The ones my Mom got were terrible, there was hardly any filler material in them and the draw was really bad because it didn't use the two air holes like the dekang ones do. She ended up having to buy a pack of the dekang's because the other ones were just bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread