510 or 901?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
901s are decent but I prefer the 510 personally (I do have a couple of 901 atties btw) - I only use my 901 when I have fruit flavors as they SEEM to prefer the cooler temp the 901 brings. Some fruits can taste a bit harsh on the firey 510. I have to say that I dont use the 901 that often these days though.
As for the button - I agree with JC - you really dont notice it after a while and it gives you total control unlike the auto batts, and also unlike the autos it doesnt shut off every now then.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
sl_rat. I'd like to suggest an inexpensive way to decide for yourself. buy the 510 based model of your choice (I like my Riva), get one of these little adapters here 510 to 901/808-D Adapter for $2.49 and then you can try the 510 atomizer, the 510 LR atomizer, the 901 atomizer, the 901 LR atomizer, the 510 cartomizer, and the kr808 D-1 cartomizer. That opens up a lot of choices for just two and a half bucks.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
The first number will be the model/type of battery you have-510. The second number is for the model/type of atomizer/carto you want to use on the battery.
Auto batteries will fail if your liquid leaks into them. I have read that they will activate in extremely loud areas. I do not know this as fact.
DeamonCowboy is correct, they come in both auto and manual.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
The first number will be the model/type of battery you have-510. The second number is for the model/type of atomizer/carto you want to use on the battery.
Auto batteries will fail if your liquid leaks into them. I have read that they will activate in extremely loud areas. I do not know this as fact.
DeamonCowboy is correct, they come in both auto and manual.

My first "real" ecig (I don't count my "Health-e-Cigarette") was an auto 901. Automatic batteries are very problematic. Even if you manage to keep juice from leaking into the battery the switches seem to be touchy. I've had brand new 901 batteries that had sticky switches.

tendernights

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
  • Deleted by Timtam

sl_rat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
Western, NY
510 or 901.... Which is better for a pass through. I see the 510 has some sort of battery in the cord... Wierd. The 901 seems to have just a cord. What is the difference?

i just got the 510 pass with the battery and i must say that i like it. if you've gotta run a few errands, take the battery pass. it'll give you an hour or two. i hate hooking up a fresh battery unless i know i'm gonna be away from my desk for a LONG time. i'm a big believer in using a bat all the way until it's dead before a recharge. the pass bat however will go run errands then plug her back in and..viola!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread