Sep 24, 2010
Pasadena, CA

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The important info is "2 amp AC to USB Adapter"
Some plug-ins and PC USB ports just don't have enough power, you want at least 2 amp.

Another option is a USB hub from the local computer store, just be sure it's 2 amp.
I bought one because my PCs kept trying to install software drivers for my PV,
and I can just plug in anywhere there's an A/C outlet.

ropetrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2010
Athens, GA
I don't know anything about MadVapes, but I bought my passthrough (looks identical) from LiteCigUSA, and it was the best thing I've done to deal with the frustrations of 510 battery life. I use a powered USB hub I had lying around, but the AC adapter you linked to would be fine. (Note that the adapter LiteCigUSA sells does not work with their passthrough, and they state that clearly in its description.)

LiteCigUSA advises that a 1 amp output is required. I've seen recommendations of 1.5 and 2 amps.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Hello,

Will these 2 items work with a standard 510 atomizer? The battery is attached so I wouldn't use my real batteries?

2 amp AC to USB Adapter, ideal for Passthroughs
MadVapes 5 Volt 510 Manual USB Passthrough

And what does it mean when it says the wall charger will not work with V4L passthroughs? Their passthrough is NOT a V4L one?

Thank you,
Lori

To the OP:

1) the 2 links you have ... those work together just fine.
2) they work with a standard 510 atty (close to 3.0 ohms)

V4L is Vapor 4 Life - a particular model/vendor. Like I said in #1, that combo is fine. Now, some (including myself) have had issues with that particular passthrough. I had a button issue after about a month. Others have had no issues. Meh.

It is a direct 5 volt model, and needs the 2 amp power supply, and has no battery nor does it need one. The other type of PT is a 3.x volt battery driven model. The battery driven 3.x volt models need less power, and can be easily used by computer users (I don't normally recommend using a computer for any PT, but that's me) due to the lower drain.

To the others.... MV is one of the more well respected suppliers out there. It is frequented by modders and others, most of whom know what they are doing. Of course, they only resell this stuff. If you have questions, just ask them in the MV forum. Hoogie is a great guy and helps the community out quite a bit.

All this echos posts 4, 8 and 9

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread