510-T vs Ego-T atomizer comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneBlack

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2013
USA
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this review, I think if your looking into trying any of these setups then this review can be most helpful in deciding which is right for you.

As most of us know there is a setup which is referred to as a tank atomizer. This type of atomizer has a spike/wick inside of it and allows liquid to flow down into the atomizer. The main two setups are for the 510 and Ego batteries, lessor known models include DES901-T and the 801-T. These setups have plastic cartridges which get pushed down into the atomizer, the cartridge is then pierced by the spike/wick which creates a hole in the cartridge and allows the liquid to soak the wick, the wick then draws the liquid down into the atomizer. I'll post pictures below.
My real-world testing has revolved around the 510-T and Ego-T type tank setups so I'll first list Pros and Cons of each, and then give my conclusion on which I think is the better performer.

1. 510-T
Pros
a. Good throat hit, just like an analog and even better depending on how you take your drags.
b. Good vapor, I get a good cloud of vapor on every draw, draws usually are around 6 sec draws.
c. atomizer stays pretty cool and dosen't get hot often.
d. small compact design allows easy carrying on the go, but you should get a PCC for 510 batteries.
c. Fairly easy cleaning procedures.
e. Flavor is better because its more direct onto the atomizer without any filler in between.
f. Cool vapor, for those who prefer cooler vapor this is perfect.
g. Good draw, not too airy, not to stiff.
Cons
a. has to be cleaned often.
b. depending on atomizers, you may get bad batches once in awhile.
c. dry hits, wick is not down far enough to make liquid flow evenly onto the atty.
d. Cool vapor, for those who prefer warm vapor this will disappoint you.
e. Dark thick liquids can clog up the wicking system.

2. EGO-T
Pros
a. bigger tank for more liquid.
d. cool vapor
c. good battery life on an ego battery
Cons
a. Tight draw, I mean really stiff.
b. flat tip cartridges are the only option, no round ones like the 510-t.
c. Atty can get hot.
d. Dry hits.
e. poor vapor production
f. Flavor is severely muted.
g. almost no throat hit on 36mg nicotine strength liquids.
h. cool vapor for those who like warmer vapor.
I. Cleaning
j. Size is abit big or thick for those who like slimmer designs.
k. Dark thick liquids can clog up the wicking system.

This review was conducted on genuine Joyetech 510-T and Ego-T.

Conclusion --- While the EGO-T promises to be a good companion to the Ego batteries, IMO I think its better to stick with the 510-T. If you want better battery life and are not concerned with size then you can easily use the 510-T atty on an EGO battery. I was not impressed with the EGO-T atty and thought it was a major regression to the 510-T atty. I use my 510 gear everyday and if I want to save my 510 batteries I just use my EGO batteries with my 510-T atties. The flavor, throat hit, and vapor production far exceeds the EGO-T atty IMO. GrimmGreen did a review on them awhile back, be sure to look it up on youtube for more information. Search EGO-T review and look for his name. Thank you all for reading this and I hope I helped someone make a good choice. IMO the 510-T wins hands down. But as with any type of wick setup, cleaning is important. Remember to atleast do a warm water soak every couple of days for about 2 or 3 hours min. if you use the atty for heavy vaping. And also be sure its completely dry before vaping on it again.

510-T
510T02.jpg

EGO-T
e-cig-ego-t-with-5-transparent-tank-cartridges-5-sets-34c3.jpg

Spike/Wick ----- 510-T
510tattyinside.jpg

Ego-T atomizer
EGOTlrBlackAtomizer_MED.jpg

DES801-T (I have not tried this one, but I've heard good things about it.)
The_best_Tank_e_cigarette_801_T.jpg

DES901-T (Similar to the 510, I've heard mixed opinions about this one. I've not tried it either.)
2012_latest_e_cigarette_DSE901_T.jpg

We all make mistakes when buying new vape gear, but we do learn from it and gain knowledge of what we like best to our own personal preference. I'm a heavy vaper and to me I prefer the 510-T from Joyetech. I like the cooler vape and design it has to offer, it hits great for me and I find that as soon as I run one battery dead my other battery is charged so I don't have any problems with battery life and doing heavy vaping. I will advise you that some companies sell knock off brands with cheap parts so be careful choosing the right setup for you.

Last edited:

ShaneBlack

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2013
USA
UPDATE ------- My experience with the EGO-T has gotten better, what I did was boil the atty in water for 10min. the baked it at 200* for 30min. and it came out dry, primed it and began vaping. Vapor production increased to about the same as the 510-T and at most times it puts out more vapor. Throat hit improved, flavor improved. These tank attys work strange, one day the 510-t will work great, the next day it won't. I have 5 510-t atomizers that I cycle through, and they all work differently.

If anyone could recommend some type of atty or clearomizer that gives COOL vapor not warm vapor, for an EGO battery, then please let me know. I do like the tank attys but lets face it, their a chore to take care of. Oh and I really not a fan of drip attys so any recommendations besides drip will do.

ShaneBlack

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2013
USA
UPDATE ----- After viewing a youtube video about removing the spike/wick bridge the the EGO-T, I tried that. The coil was abit black so I dry fired it briefly but sadly it was sort of a cheap coil and stopped working. I did the same with a 510-T atty, instead of mesh around the coil it only had filler or wicking material inside. But the 510-T atty would not go back together like the EGO-T atty did.

In my research, I found two other types of EGO tank attys besides the C type. The EGO-D atty is even more easier to take apart and clean, and replace wicks and coils. But for the best rebuild, checkout the EGO UFO/DIY. Its the same as the D version, but offers more options for rebuilding it. So there you have it, I spent alot of money on the quest for the perfect atty. But maybe these versions will take care of most the hassle. These two versions are only available in China so I'll have to wait awhile to review it. But they do take ego-t type A tank cartridges.

EGO-D
cheapest-ego-d-biansi-imist-atomzier-.jpg

cheapest-ego-d-biansi-imist-atomzier-.jpg

cheapest EGO-D atomzier - VaporBreak

EGO UFO/DIY
ego-ufo-atomizer-diy-do-it-yourself-replaceable.jpg

ego-ufo-atomizer-diy-do-it-yourself-replaceable.jpg

DIY replaceable coil ego t style atomizer

br777

Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
faber, va
i own an ego tank setup as well as 510 tank, and some clearomizers. Something doesnt sound right about your ego tank experience. I dont know what went wrong, but my experience does not match yours at all. I find it has a very easy draw, produces tons of vapor, has excellent flavor, and overall works like a dream every time. In fact its my current favorite way to vape.

its possible that you accidently covered the air vents which often lie right by the battery button? that would explain all your issues... either that or maybe the atomizor point didnt fully pierce the tank?

something is definitely amiss.

also, you can get round tip tanks. as soon as i remember who sells them ill drop the link

FYI - i use 100%vg liquids in mine

Mimikim1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Chicago
i belive i've made a mistake... i own an ego C not an ego t - they look identical and i didnt realize... probably explains the discrepancy...

i own an ego-t battery, but bought an ego-c upgrade kit.. so if you are looking something that works better than your t, go for the c :p

I have an ego c tank system, and a 510-T. I just use the 510-T and the ego c tank system with my itaste MVP now, instead of the ego c and 510 batteries. Doesn't look too bad either.....

njjayt82

Oct 14, 2013
Somerset county nj
I only have have a 510T system something I've been using or a while now and I seem to notice also that if I keep the tank down and it gets low but not completely empty, my liquid which is fairly clear seems to get REALLY dark and sometimes, but not very often I tend to get a metallic taste in my mouth, do you experience these issue as well, or just me? I also tend to take very deep hits quite often ( my friend says I take a drag from my toes lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread