Status
Not open for further replies.

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
I just got a 510-t atomizer and some empty tank carts. Its is really hot and tastes like burnt plastic. Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

Did you add juice to the cart? If the atty is brand new it likely has some oil on it from the manufacturer. Blow it out first, then take a few puffs but do not inhale. You should burn through the remainder of it quickly...withing three or four puffs.

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
Yes I put juice in. What dose blow it out mean? Thank you soooo much for helping me so quick. Also, how to I post a pic? It keeps saying the file is to big

You can blow through the atty into a paper towel or napkin. The machine oil should blow out onto the napkin. As far as posting a picture, are you trying to post in the thread or for a signature, etc? The signature will not be possible until you get your post count up. Not of the number, but you can read the rules and it'll tell you. Maybe 15 posts?

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
So you only have the one atty? Might try another and see if it performs better. What kind of juice are you using? If it's too high in VG, you might not be getting a good "wicking" action from the cart. Also, do a search on the forum for "blue foam filler" or "Fluval Foam Filler" for your carts.

I'd highly recommend you get some cartos though. Cartos have the atty and cart all wrapped into one nice easy to use piece.

DoubleHelix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
New Jersey
My new atties took a lot of cleaning. Used water, Vodka, and finally Cola. Was a surefire P.I.T.A, but it worked out in the end. I now use my carts here and there, but until I get my 510 Dual Coil Stainless Megas, and CCV resurectors (both new to me, bought them in classifieds here and hope 1 or both works) and my Boge 3.0 for my slim, I will then move over to carto usage. But will continue to drip in my Epower as dripping is just fun!

I also took out the filler from my empty carts and went with the PTB mod, and I'll be darned, it worked like a charm!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread