The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

510 to 510

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by JohnDoses, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JohnDoses

JohnDoses Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2014
    Louisville, KY USA
    I recently purchased an Aeolus RDA and at first, I thought the 510 heat sink adapter was stupid. But now I am finding myself using it separate from the Aeolus and with other mods and RDAs. I've thought of so many reasons for a good 510 to 510 adapter: wonky or partially broke 510 connectors where screwing and unscrewing atomizers is a task, it can minimize the "atty ring" left on mods, it might eliminate any gaps with certain set ups, or if you have a device without an adjustable pin, and 510 wear and tear since the adapter will stay screwed in.

With that being said, it would be nice to have a selection of 510 to 510 adapters to use for this specific reason and not just heat dissipation or air flow, preferably with a lower profile than the Aeolus heat sink fins. Ideally, if a company like fat daddy vapes made 510 connections that simply screw in to the original 510. Might sound dumb, but I would definitely buy.

Does anyone know of a good shop that might carry something like this? These are basically the only two types I found.

510 to 510.jpg Aeolus heat sink.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. maxd

maxd Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2014
    NYC,NY
    well, original idea was - to reduce number of connections
    that helps to keep good and solid resistance and current flow

510 -> 510 , would assume very limited usage model

• Like Like x 2
  3. JohnDoses

JohnDoses Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2014
    Louisville, KY USA
    Yea i know it doesn't sound very practical, but coming from someone who has destroyed quite a few 510's from extreme use (i change atomizers a lot), 510 preservation is a real concern for me! I just thought it would be cool for a maker (like fat daddy) to make something like this, if nothing else, gives your mod a good look and looks like you have a custom 510.

4. EarnestAccord

EarnestAccord Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Yes! I love my Goblin Mini V2, but it's a bit juicy on my Mod. I need a way to gaurd my Mods native 510. There are the finned heat sinks everywhere, but they're fairly tall and ruin my "mini" set-up. I've been looking for a finnless version like the first one you posted. Where did you even get the pic? Any luck finding a vendor?

5. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    If you're looking for just a small adapter that screws into an existing 510 connection and provides only another 510 connection...they're sold by many vendors! Usually they're anywhere from $.95 on sale sometimes to $2.99 and higher from some. I bought a bunch to keep on hand for newbies I'm helping to switch over to vaping. They sometimes have a tendency to strip 510 threads because they don't carefully remove their tanks or clearos.

6. EarnestAccord

Dec 18, 2015
    Please provide a link or what they're calling these as I see them nowhere. I mean I see the skinny risers, but none that are 22mm diameter

7. JCinFLA

Oct 21, 2015
    The ones I posted about are just a plain, small, 510 to 510 adapter. That's what they're called by the websites...510 to 510 adapter. They're probably what you're calling "skinny risers".

8. sawlight

sawlight Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    Took .68 seconds on Google! Pick your poison, it's called a 510 to 510 heat sink adapter.
    Google

9. JCinFLA

Oct 21, 2015
    I just did a real quick 10-second google search for 510-510 adapters. One that's 22mm in size and looks very similar to the first 1 shown above (not a finned heat sink one)...can be gotten from Fast Tech. There are also many other websites listed to get them from, but you'll have to click on each one to go see if it's the shorty, simple one I was talking about...or a much larger in diameter 1 like you want.

10. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
  11. EarnestAccord

Dec 18, 2015
    Doh! I kept putting "finless" and "heatsink" into my searches and only got finned heatsinks. Thanks all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.