510 to 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDoses

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2014
Louisville, KY USA
I recently purchased an Aeolus rda and at first, I thought the 510 heat sink adapter was stupid. But now I am finding myself using it separate from the Aeolus and with other mods and RDAs. I've thought of so many reasons for a good 510 to 510 adapter: wonky or partially broke 510 connectors where screwing and unscrewing atomizers is a task, it can minimize the "atty ring" left on mods, it might eliminate any gaps with certain set ups, or if you have a device without an adjustable pin, and 510 wear and tear since the adapter will stay screwed in.

With that being said, it would be nice to have a selection of 510 to 510 adapters to use for this specific reason and not just heat dissipation or air flow, preferably with a lower profile than the Aeolus heat sink fins. Ideally, if a company like fat daddy vapes made 510 connections that simply screw in to the original 510. Might sound dumb, but I would definitely buy.

Does anyone know of a good shop that might carry something like this? These are basically the only two types I found.

510 to 510.jpg
Aeolus heat sink.jpg

JohnDoses

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2014
Louisville, KY USA
Yea i know it doesn't sound very practical, but coming from someone who has destroyed quite a few 510's from extreme use (i change atomizers a lot), 510 preservation is a real concern for me! I just thought it would be cool for a maker (like fat daddy) to make something like this, if nothing else, gives your mod a good look and looks like you have a custom 510.

EarnestAccord

Dec 18, 2015
I recently purchased an Aeolus RDA and at first, I thought the 510 heat sink adapter was stupid. But now I am finding myself using it separate from the Aeolus and with other mods and RDAs. I've thought of so many reasons for a good 510 to 510 adapter: wonky or partially broke 510 connectors where screwing and unscrewing atomizers is a task, it can minimize the "atty ring" left on mods, it might eliminate any gaps with certain set ups, or if you have a device without an adjustable pin, and 510 wear and tear since the adapter will stay screwed in.

With that being said, it would be nice to have a selection of 510 to 510 adapters to use for this specific reason and not just heat dissipation or air flow, preferably with a lower profile than the Aeolus heat sink fins. Ideally, if a company like fat daddy vapes made 510 connections that simply screw in to the original 510. Might sound dumb, but I would definitely buy.

Does anyone know of a good shop that might carry something like this? These are basically the only two types I found.

View attachment 520420 View attachment 520421
Yes! I love my Goblin Mini V2, but it's a bit juicy on my Mod. I need a way to gaurd my Mods native 510. There are the finned heat sinks everywhere, but they're fairly tall and ruin my "mini" set-up. I've been looking for a finnless version like the first one you posted. Where did you even get the pic? Any luck finding a vendor?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
If you're looking for just a small adapter that screws into an existing 510 connection and provides only another 510 connection...they're sold by many vendors! Usually they're anywhere from $.95 on sale sometimes to $2.99 and higher from some. I bought a bunch to keep on hand for newbies I'm helping to switch over to vaping. They sometimes have a tendency to strip 510 threads because they don't carefully remove their tanks or clearos.

EarnestAccord

Dec 18, 2015
If you're looking for just a small adapter that screws into an existing 510 connection and provides only another 510 connection...they're sold by many vendors! Usually they're anywhere from $.95 on sale sometimes to $2.99 and higher from some. I bought a bunch to keep on hand for newbies I'm helping to switch over to vaping. They sometimes have a tendency to strip 510 threads because they don't carefully remove their tanks or clearos.
Please provide a link or what they're calling these as I see them nowhere. I mean I see the skinny risers, but none that are 22mm diameter

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I just did a real quick 10-second google search for 510-510 adapters. One that's 22mm in size and looks very similar to the first 1 shown above (not a finned heat sink one)...can be gotten from Fast Tech. There are also many other websites listed to get them from, but you'll have to click on each one to go see if it's the shorty, simple one I was talking about...or a much larger in diameter 1 like you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread