Status
Not open for further replies.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I have been using one of these on my vamo so I could use my Evods and T3's on it. Recently though I noticed it doesn't seem to screw in right. Whatever I put on it seems to wobble and I can't seem to get it on straight. My tanks still fit fine on it without the adapter. I have had it for a while. Do you think that its just wore out and I need to get a new one?

Thanks!

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
Yeah, that's what was happening right before I crossthreaded my v2. The threads are very very soft unfortunately.

So far I've noticed that my Ego tanks thread on more securely--probably because there is a lot less leverage on the threads. To be honest, I'd probably just carefully attach your Ego-threaded tanks directly to vamo and conserve those 510 threads.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
As an aside, that is why I think that 510 will slowly become obsolete. Ego threading just seems more stable, both on the battery/device and whatever you connect. I mean, how many people cracked their Protank at its base?

Me! After I crossthreaded my vamo the base stem on my protank broke off and is now stuck in the 510 threading of my vamo. :(

510 makes lots of sense if you are doing cig-a-likes with standard cartos but EGO threading is more sensible for mods + tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread