510 / You Tell Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor Fiend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2009
Cali4nia
Ok, those of you familiar with the 510 battery. You know the button, right? It kind of sticks out a little, maybe a little TOO much? Well I started wondering if maybe this thing was going off in my pocket, due to the battery dying a little more fast than usual.

So... How about cutting the button down? Using a razor blade or xzacto knife it should be a piece of cake to get it down flush with the battery casing. I figure, our fingertips are flexible and the button only needs to go down just barely, so putting it flush with the casing would be the best choice. It would not only keep it from being accidentally pushed but it would also just look better over all.

Basically I'm asking what everyone here thinks. Should I do this? or has anyone done it already? You tell me...

Vapor Fiend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2009
Cali4nia
maybe just unscrew the atty a twist before you put it in your pocket?
or just take a beltsander to that bad boy.

I think a razor would work fine seeing as how the button is rubber. I'm not sure whether or not it is turning on unintentionally but I don't know, I just kind of.. want to do this hahaha...

I just wanted to make sure before I went and started mutilating my e-cig, that I don't have to worry about something drastic happening after wards, by getting other users' opinions.

Vapor Fiend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2009
Cali4nia
might void your warranty ....

would be handy for the pcc though

WOOPS!

Just kidding. I did it. It feel's a lot better now for some reason. Maybe it's just a personal thing.

You can kind of scallop the button down (make it cupped a little under the battery casing) but you might run into problems with the button slipping under the casing to one side. Also finding the button now is a little unfamiliar.. but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I think if anyone else wants to try this, do it! It's a nice little cosmetic mod.

Trox.Shawn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Des Allemands, Louisiana
I've done the same thing earlier to 3 of my 510 batteries actually because for some reason (even though my PCC has the slot) my manual batteries were not charging in it, but my auto battery was. So I made the button flush with the barrel and I have not had any issues with it, plus now they charge in the PCC again!

No clue why that made a difference but hey it worked and that really I am worried about now lol. Also I do find it a bit to slip into my top pocket of my work shirt, and so far I've had less incidents with the atomizer heating in my pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread