5v mod questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

unit40

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Massachusetts
Thought this is the best place to ask. I just purchased a 5v mod, it has two 14500 batteries, and a 5v regulator. I use 901 attys. But what is the best or recommended atty for this mod? I have both the 'standard' 901's and the new HV 901 4.5 ohm attys available. What should I expect for atty life, quality of vape etc???

unit40

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Massachusetts
This probably wasn't the best place to ask, but I ended up finding my answers by reading up on the forum a little more. So to anyone wondering, 5v is considered a 'sweet spot' for vaping using standard atomizers. If you search the mod sub-forum here you can find an excel spreadsheet that spells out the different voltages for given atomizers, their resistance values, and watts generated to fine tune your vape. I tried both the standard and the hv on my 5v 901 last night. The standard runs a little hotter, but the hv does fine. the hv Not as hot as the standard atty on 5v but hotter than the standard atty on the 3.7 901. Also found out that by screwing an atomizer onto my 901 adapter, it won't work anymore on a KR808 battery, because the adapter pushes the atomizer contact up . At least in mine it does. I won't even consider trying out a carto on it. Made a fool of myself already regarding those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread