6mg nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkm90

Feb 14, 2018
Hey all. I have looked all over for the answer to my question but everything I see is related to either 18mg nicotine or 100mg nicotine concentrate. I have tried to use an e juice calculator but when I enter 6mg as my nicotine concentrate and 6mg as my target, it says impossible to mix? I have a 15 ml bottle of nicotine marked 6mg/ml I’m making a 60ml batch. How much should I add to make a 6mg nic juice? And/Or how much should I add to a 0mg nic bottle of juice if it’s 60ml? Thanks for your help. Also sorry I’m a noob.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hey all. I have looked all over for the answer to my question but everything I see is related to either 18mg nicotine or 100mg nicotine concentrate. I have tried to use an e juice calculator but when I enter 6mg as my nicotine concentrate and 6mg as my target, it says impossible to mix? I have a 15 ml bottle of nicotine marked 6mg/ml I’m making a 60ml batch. How much should I add to make a 6mg nic juice? And/Or how much should I add to a 0mg nic bottle of juice if it’s 60ml? Thanks for your help. Also sorry I’m a noob.
If you were to make a 60ml batch of juice and added the whole 15ml bottle of 6mg nic that would reduce the overall nic content to around 1.2 mg/ml. and increase the total volume to 75ml
The best case you can get is making a 30ml total batch of ejuice and using the whole bottle to achieve a 3mg/ml finished product. You just need to have a much higher nic base to achieve what you want.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
If you were to make a 60ml batch of juice and added the whole 15ml bottle of 6mg nic that would reduce the overall nic content to around 1.2 mg/ml. and increase the total volume to 75ml
The best case you can get is making a 30ml total batch of ejuice and using the whole bottle to achieve a 3mg/ml finished product. You just need to have a much higher nic base to achieve what you want.
Also if you have zero nic juice that you are using you would also be reducing the amt of flavor you have.

If you are making the 30 ml total volume from scratch you would need to use

Nic base = 15ml
so you have 15 ml left to account for using flavoring and pg/vg
if you use 10% total flavor then you would need 3ml
that leave 12ml for pg/vg. You can divide that amt into 6ml of each or use one or the other.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: stols001

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Thanks a lot guys. It was a free sample of nicotine and I didn’t know what to pick. I just knew I used 6mg juice usually. So What your telling Me is that since it’s a 6mg 70/30 vg/pg I could basically add flavor to it and it would be 6mg e juice?

It will be less than 6mg. How much less depends on how much flavor you add.

• Agree

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks a lot guys. It was a free sample of nicotine and I didn’t know what to pick. I just knew I used 6mg juice usually. So What your telling Me is that since it’s a 6mg 70/30 vg/pg I could basically add flavor to it and it would be 6mg e juice?
Not exactly. It would no longer be @6mg but closer to 5mg depending on amt of flavoring used and you would need a bigger bottle than the 15ml in order to add the flavoring.

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You will have to use your 6 ml base without adding VG or PG. If it's a "blend" of PG/VG, you may well be able to get away with flavoring it (unless you are wanting to use 20% flavoring or something) without perhaps noticing a large drop in nicotine content. Lets say your flavorings add a little volume and you drop to 5.3 percent, many folks won't even notice a difference.

If, however, your base is all "PG" or all "VG" to get to the VG/PG content you need, well that may present a problem. I know it's counterintuitive to "think" if you get the base strength you want, you just start with that strength, it really is easier to just use a higher nicotine content for your base, and add it to VG, PG, and flavorings. With a good juice calculator, it's actually easier in my opinion as you have far more flexibility and the ability to add whatever you'd like to get to the total mix you want. Play around with some and it will likely become clear.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread