Not open for further replies.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
I'm on the hunt for adapters again.

mad vapes still has the best adapters. There's no question. However, their 808-510 adapter is designed for both modern (aka "sealed") 808 and 901 batteries. They work great, but they have one flaw which I discovered today. They don't allow proper airflow for a flush mounted tank.

So now I'm looking again. I'm specifically looking for an 808-510 adapter (808 battery to 510 atomizer) which has airflow slots on the 808 connection under the threads. I'm not worried about the center post since I'll be using the post of one of my Mad Vapes adapters for that purpose. I just need airflow under the threads.

Anyone know of any out there?

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Why not just cut your own slots in the ones you have?
Don't have the proper tools to do so. Though if I get desperate, I have an 808 battery which I don't use. I may put it on that and hit it with a tap tool and then drill some holes to see if that works. But I'm also worried about damaging the threads.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Nope. Tried that one. But you may be stockpiling enough parts by now to swap center posts in the adapter so it works with protected posts. I know.... Put a dremel on my christmas list and got it, so life has been a lot easier now.
You should really try that auto 510 from Mtn Vapor. By the time you find an adapter that works, you'll be close to a $15 battery anyway. The 510 stuff worked great with the 808 to ego adapter from mad vapes. But slightly better with nothing in the middle. And the battery survived my failed attempts at rewicking t3s and keeping them from leaking.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Oh trust me, once my Echos start dying I'll be grabbing that auto eGo. I'm just not ready to give up yet. ;) I'm going to be grabbing one of those SmokTech eGo carto-tanks. Even if it won't work the way I want, it'll be good to have for when I do upgrade to the eGo.

Speaking of the money, all the accessories I want will add up to a pretty penny but I'm not too concerned. It's kind of fun making everything fit the way I like.

Have you checked out the Killer 705 clone yet? They're affordable as all hell, and if this thing holds up I may give up dripping! :D

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Ha! I've only lost one echo so far. (not including the off-brand ones) So see you in a couple years! Of course I rotate through 5 of them and only when I'm out of the house. But my original unsealed 650 still cooks.

Just spent my money on the t3s...(new base and head for the t3). So new the vendors are selling the heads but don't have the bases available yet. Managed to find one vendor who had the bases.

What do you do with the coil on that thing? Is it replaceable or rebuildable?

Last edited:

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
It's an RDA designed to be used in carto-tanks. It sits on a 510 extender and you tighten or loosen the extender as a juice feeder.

Here's a pic:

001.jpg

It works pretty well. The atomizer is contained in the bulb inside the tank. The throat hit is kind of light due that huge mouthpiece, but that could be hacked shorter without damaging anything. on the automatic, I find I don't really need to adjust the juice feed. Recoiling it is really no worse than doing a CE4, even with the ceramic cup it sits in. I'm hoping to find an adapter with slotted threads or modify one of my existing ones so that I could get rid of that 510 extender and flush mount it. If I'm lucky, the eGo carto-tank will let it sit high enough to give me a flush look without the 510 extender, similar to how my eGo-C atomizer looks.

EDIT: I think my adapter from Avid Vapor was slotted on the threads, but I've since mailed it away so i can't confirm. I get paid Thursday, so I may waste a few dollars to find out. Or maybe not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread