8084 Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagleeyes

Jun 15, 2009
I just ordered and received a new Atomizer with a 10ml bottle of ruyan#4 and hilton 18mg each.

I havent used my ecig in a while because my one atomizer broke and the other got bent and didnt work quite right. I was using analogs for a while and decided to quit again and start using my ecig again.

I did how I usually would which is drop a 1 drop directly into the atomizer. I did a few primer puffs to make sure there was good vapor production but the vapor was very week and i couldn't taste the juice really at all. I used the hilton. I am recharging one of my batteries now to see if it is possible that because the batteries are about 6 months old and havent really been charged and thats why the production is week.

But what i did notice is when i tried to put the atomizer in one of my black colored cart holder or whatever you would call it (because it came in tan when i received it today) the atomizer did not fit, it was slightly smaller than the holder and would not stay on.

Have the atomizers been changed in the past few months? I cant even get enough vapor to get a throat hit from it right now.

I will test it again after my battery is charged. I don't remember when I first got my 8084 having to use the atomizer for a period of time before vapor production is good. Or am I mistaken and does it take a while to get worked in?

NativeTexan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lampasas Texas
Alot of atomizers have to be broke in good before they produce their full potential. I don't have any experience with the 8084, but the same is more than likely true with them.

So far, in my experience, the best throat hit/flavor/stock battery life combination is the KR808d-1. They are easy to use, the atomizers are built into the cartridges and are much cheaper than other models atomizers. So if one goes out, you haven't wasted $8-$15 dollars on one atty. The stock batteries that come with them have lasted me as much as 6 hours, vaping moderately at work.

I don't know if you'd be interested at all in trying a different model, but if you want to be completely analog free, I think you could accomplish it with the KR808d-1. Oh, I almost forgot, you can refill the cartomizers as well. This makes them even more cost effective.

eagleeyes

Jun 15, 2009
Alot of atomizers have to be broke in good before they produce their full potential. I don't have any experience with the 8084, but the same is more than likely true with them.

So far, in my experience, the best throat hit/flavor/stock battery life combination is the KR808d-1. They are easy to use, the atomizers are built into the cartridges and are much cheaper than other models atomizers. So if one goes out, you haven't wasted $8-$15 dollars on one atty. The stock batteries that come with them have lasted me as much as 6 hours, vaping moderately at work.

I don't know if you'd be interested at all in trying a different model, but if you want to be completely analog free, I think you could accomplish it with the KR808d-1. Oh, I almost forgot, you can refill the cartomizers as well. This makes them even more cost effective.

Are you using the manual or the automatic switch with the kr808? I may be interested down the line to try out a new model, right now money is tight (moving into a new apartment) so I dont really have the money to spend on a new model.

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
The 8084 atomizers should not have changed, but quite possible if it has been many months.

I would say to use the brown cart until you can get more. I will give some extra
carts if you need them.

The battery will for surely lose a charge after 6 months of sitting.
I also would imagine that 3 full cycles (charge and discharge) would give the best lifespan of the charge.

New atomizers normally do have a breakin period.
The 8084 is lower on vapor, batt life and throat hit, because of their size.
I normally only recommend them to someone that wants to suppliment their analogs,
or someone who only smokes a few cigs a day.

Rob

NativeTexan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lampasas Texas
Are you using the manual or the automatic switch with the kr808? I may be interested down the line to try out a new model, right now money is tight (moving into a new apartment) so I dont really have the money to spend on a new model.

I use the manual batteries. There is much better control over your drag with them. I may be biased as my first experience with auto batteries was not a good one...LOL.

eagleeyes

Jun 15, 2009
Thanks for getting back so quick Rob, I am convinced that you are the best supplier. Quick to answer questions and very quick on orders.

If the vapor production doesnt seem up to par on my 8084 as I remember it being when I use to use it I may have to look into buying a new model.

How long to the artomizers seem to last on the kr808? I am considering this model now and even considering switching to a manual. The only reason i chose the 8084 is because its size compared to an analog to help me quit.

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
The cartomizers' life depends on use.
While one person can burn up one in less than an hour,
others may get through half/whole day on one single carto.

I used the 901 exclusively for 7 months and now the 808 for two months.
It is nice to be able to fill the cartos up many times and have them last longer than most 3 piece carts.

Did you try the 8084 after the full charge?
Give it 3 hours or so on the charger and give it another try.

NativeTexan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lampasas Texas
Thanks for getting back so quick Rob, I am convinced that you are the best supplier. Quick to answer questions and very quick on orders.

If the vapor production doesnt seem up to par on my 8084 as I remember it being when I use to use it I may have to look into buying a new model.

How long to the artomizers seem to last on the kr808? I am considering this model now and even considering switching to a manual. The only reason i chose the 8084 is because its size compared to an analog to help me quit.

The vapor production can be hit or miss with cartomizers. My experience is that the pre-filled cartos don't produce as much vapor as the cartos that you refill yourself. If you get too much liquid in one, it won't produce much vapor until you have used it a bit to use the excess liquid.

I like the KR808 model because trial and error with them is more cost effective. If you ruin a carto, you're out $2, if you ruin a regular atty, you're out $8-$15.

eagleeyes

Jun 15, 2009
The vapor production can be hit or miss with cartomizers. My experience is that the pre-filled cartos don't produce as much vapor as the cartos that you refill yourself. If you get too much liquid in one, it won't produce much vapor until you have used it a bit to use the excess liquid.

I like the KR808 model because trial and error with them is more cost effective. If you ruin a carto, you're out $2, if you ruin a regular atty, you're out $8-$15.

Thanks for all your help.

Also question for you Rob,

I noticed you arent selling full kits of the joye510's anymore. Why is this? Are you getting more in?

I have read nothing but good things about the 510 as far as vapor production, throat hit, and flavor.

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
EE,

Yes the 510 is great model. Many folks use them.

I just decided to discontinue them, along the lines of better models that are out there.
The qualitycontrol has dropped with all manufacturers' but I feel the joye line has less QC

Not to mention that they also dont sell all their products to all suppliers and price limits.

eagleeyes

Jun 15, 2009
EE,

Yes the 510 is great model. Many folks use them.

I just decided to discontinue them, along the lines of better models that are out there.
The qualitycontrol has dropped with all manufacturers' but I feel the joye line has less QC

Not to mention that they also dont sell all their products to all suppliers and price limits.

I tried the 8084 on a full charge and it still is producing very little vapor. I have a feeling the batteries just arent doing it anymore probably because they sat for so long.

I'm considering picking up a kr808 but i am torn between that and a 510. Hmmm.One main reason I would be choosing the 808 is because Id rather give you business than some other company.

I know you have used both Rob, Do you have any suggestions?

Last edited:

earthdawn

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
TheVaporCafe.com
The 510 is great.. but after a few months of using them I thought I was use to the juice leaks they come with. No matter what with the 510 I always seem to have moments of juice in my mouth or leaks between the battery and atty.

The KR808 Rob has is a sweeet setup. They just dont leak and the batteries are GREAT... they vape a long time one a single charge. The 510 is well know for its short battery life.
The KR808 just does not leak. It produces great vapor and if you use a VG based juice it gives you big clouds all day long.

Its cartos are simple and neat to refill as well !

The 808 is without a doubt the new age !

also check the video review of it here
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/good-prophets/45901-gp-video-reviews-2.html#post797856

eagleeyes

Jun 15, 2009
The 510 is great.. but after a few months of using them I thought I was use to the juice leaks they come with. No matter what with the 510 I always seem to have moments of juice in my mouth or leaks between the battery and atty.

The KR808 Rob has is a sweeet setup. They just dont leak and the batteries are GREAT... they vape a long time one a single charge. The 510 is well know for its short battery life.
The KR808 just does not leak. It produces great vapor and if you use a VG based juice it gives you big clouds all day long.

Its cartos are simple and neat to refill as well !

The 808 is without a doubt the new age !

also check the video review of it here
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/good-prophets/45901-gp-video-reviews-2.html#post797856

Hmmm I am leaning towards the 808. The one main thing I am thinking about is how long on average do the cartos atomizers last when you keep refilling them? Are they short periods like one will last a day or two, or one will last a few weeks? I'm thinking in terms of money as a single atomizer of say a 510 could last 3 - say 6 months, whereas one of these will only last a day to a week?

Can anyone confirm how long they last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread