Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxPerilous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Edgewood, NM
I only have 10 more posts before I lose my ability to post new threads in the new member forums (I believe). I have to use on of them to make this post. But I thought it'd be cool if I could take these last 9 posts and try to answer some questions the the new users might have that are related to vaping. If I don't know the answers I will at least try to point you in the right direction for finding the information you seek.

I'm hoping I get the questions fairly quickly cause I do a lot of posting and tonight I happen to have a lot of time on my hands. So ask away there are no stupid questions only stupid people ( or.. something to that effect :facepalm:).

MaxPerilous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Edgewood, NM
Hey starr1349 first off welcome to ECF! Congrats on your choice to become a vaper!

To best answer your question I will take a quote from my mom. I recently got her into vaping and this was her comment...

"OOH! The flavors are so good I bet you I won't gain weight like the other times I tried to quit smoking cause I can pretty much get my sweet tooth fix just by the juice I Pick!"

Also in my exerience this holds to be true. I often find that I'm eating less sweets because I found juices that I totally enjoy the flavor of. Also nicotine has a way of curving your hunger. There has been scientific research into that if you want to look further into it.

So to bluntly answer your question no, I am of the opinion that you will not gain weight by using this method to quit smoking. In fact it may just be quite the oposite. You may lose weight because you might not have that craving to satisfy your sweet tooth!!

Good luck with vaping! I hope you kick the stinkies for good!! If you have any more questions feel free to ask. You will find that the community here is almost always happy to help and very supportive!

Happy Vaping!

P.S. I find that sometimes my jeans fit a bit tight after taking them out of the dryer and loosen up after a short time wearing them. I prefer to dry my clothes on the clothes line outside and usually they fit much better using this method. It's especially helpful with shirts!!

Last edited:

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Ok here goes, first post here.
Are you gonna gain weight when you switch to vaping ? Or are my kids being nice and saying my jeans shrunk in the wash?
Day 27 here no cigarettes, longest time without a cigarette ever.

No.

Nicotine increases adrenaline, which increases liver production of glucose, which causes hyperglycemia. This is the same state that makes cigarettes an appetite suppressant.

Long story short, you're not going to gain wait til you get your nicotine down to 0mg or you quit vaping.

And if you'd like to see over 40 of your questions answered just click the link to the Vaper's Handbook in my signature and read up. In fact I'll add this very question.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Well I couldn't help myself and posted in a couple other places lol. So my last 9 posts (pre 70) won't be just me answering questions. But all feel free to post any questions you have vaping related here and I will do my best to help you get them answered.

Homework: explain the difference between variable voltage and variable wattage.

You can also find the answer in my blog.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
You do realize you can post in the New Members Forum after you reach so many posts, right? You just can't post new threads in here anymore.

Yes, I never recommend that newbies get in a hurry to get their post up count. New Members Forum is, by many times, where is the action's at. There is no faster way to get a question answered.

MaxPerilous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Edgewood, NM
LOL

Not trying to simply get my "post up count". I was honestly and sincerely trying to contribute to the community. I do know the difference between variable voltage and variable wattage.

Homework... Try not to hijack peoples threads that were intended to help new members with new member questions.

MaxPerilous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Edgewood, NM
Helo malexsky. I don't have a whole lot of experience with making my own juices as I tend to just order them up online. There are amny places to get juices and one of my favorites is Welcome to www.beeliquid.com - Handcrafted e-liquid.

To best answer your question I found this thread Extracting flavors naturally on another forum .

Here also is a link of just one of the searches I've pulled up on this site Search Results - E-Cigarette Forum.

Hope this helps you and you can succeed in making your favorite tobacco flavors!!

Happy Vaping!!

filter

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
California
Yes, I never recommend that newbies get in a hurry to get their post up count. New Members Forum is, by many times, where is the action's at. There is no faster way to get a question answered.

ya i agree with you bigtime. i didnt even know the rule existed and i made 70 posts in two days and then i was still a complete newb that was unable to start newb threads.

wonderland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Riverside, California
I'm still a noob even though I can't start new threads here anymore. oops! too many contest entries :D
here's my question:
why does vaping give me mild heartburn? I've never been prone to heartburn except during my pregnancy (mercy! that was horrible) but every night now I'm slugging back a few Tums before bed.

Sent from down a rabbit hole using Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread