Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
If I can jump in; this game looks like fun... The mAh rating (in the description) doesn't agree with what's on the battery but I'm concerned on a completely different level. See how the wrapping is a bit crinkled/loose? The crimp on the can is poorly defined which makes it look like it's been done on sub-standard equipment. The label looks wrong and the AW label doesn't look quite right.

Now AW batteries do probably come out of a few different factories, but I'm suspicious enough that I would not purchase that product.

It should look more like this one:

AW18350-2T.jpg

I noticed that too. The writing caught my attention, since mine (from RTD) all look like the ones from the ProVape. However, when I did an image search a lot of results came up from reputable vendors, like Empire mods, with the same one line of text. :blink: I don't know what to think about that. The crinkled plastic still bothers me though.

IMR18350-2.jpg

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
I noticed that too. The writing caught my attention, since mine (from RTD) all look like the ones from the ProVape. However, when I did an image search a lot of results came up from reputable vendors, like Empire mods, with the same one line of text. :blink: I don't know what to think about that. The crinkled plastic still bothers me though.

IMR18350-2.jpg

I think what has happened is they have ripped the image off another site. Most of the other images on the site show product placed on hessian and shot with a straight down spotlight. That one was shot on a high key background, with a foil reflector and badly photoshopped on the cut which was probably done to obscure other branding or product. Why you would pick such a poor example as that is a puzzle. I've never seen or heard of a wrap that bad on a quality product, it just wouldn't pass QC: Seen it in person on re-wrapped ####fire product though.

The image just gives me a bad feeling. They would have done better to buy a $100 digital camera with a macro feature and shot the real thing on their kitchen table than put that one up. I'd have to give them the benefit of the doubt on the product but the listing still has other major issues as you know.

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
One thing I noticed in the link from the OP is the size of the battery. He said that they told him it was a 900 mAh bit I don't think so. On the picture those are CE5 clearomizers and the battery is slightly taller than those. A real 900 mAh battery would be much taller. I believe that in fact they are only 650 mAh instead.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

OptimusPrimerib

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
One thing I noticed in the link from the OP is the size of the battery. He said that they told him it was a 900 mAh bit I don't think so. On the picture those are CE5 clearomizers and the battery is slightly taller than those. A real 900 mAh battery would be much taller. I believe that in fact they are only 650 mAh instead.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

my cousin has a 650 mah and its about half an inch shorter than mine, and the kit came with CE4s.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
This is a very competitive business so I wouldn't deal with anyone that gets snarky with me.

I also wouldn't deal with a vendor who went snarky on other vendors.

The good vendors don't have to bad-mouth their competition, and besides, I like to deal with vendors/people who show some *class*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread