901 is...awesome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin King

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
PA
isaac really does know how to make TOP NOTCH EVERYTHING!!!

my last order was a 1.8 ohm iO6 that read 1.5 on my provari and was just a bit too low for me. so my next order i mentioned it in the comments, and today wen i got my package he wrote "commin right up kevin :)" on my order invoice, and compensated me with a new iO6. that means alot to me, and considering his products alone will keep me coming back, now i know if anything happens ikenvape has my back. and thats how you KEEP customers. isaac will be seeing alot more of my money in the near future.

so now onto the 901 (1.8ohm). i wanted to give these a try as i was intrigued by the 1 drop top off i was reading in another thread. also the flavor. i primed with 6 drops, and vaped... and wow, it was smooth. i didnt expect it to be like it was. the flavor was great with a huge cloud, but the TH was what caught my attention. it was just.. GOOD! idk. haha. im still breaking it in, but i started to notice that i really didnt even need my dripshield, 2 drops was going a long way, and the little hole on the side was dry as pie. (yes....pie) :)

another thing im stoked about is that i forgot about my volt X2 that i bought wen i got back into vaping, and the 901 works great with it since the threads are already compatible.

one last thing.... i also got a 20ml bottle of ry4 gold..........

.........its frickin killer. i have rawrs jy4, TVRs gingers ry4, and tobacco #4 from cignot and i really dont like any of them at all. but i love this gold ry4 from ikv.(obviously from ikv). its so complex. and its not even steeped yet wich is even better. woot woot!

all in all, IKV doesnt play around. if you purchase from isaac, your going to have the best of the best. im so happy hes in PA also. im in pittsburgh so shipping is quick! LOVIN IT!

thanks isaac.

Kevin King

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
PA
why is it a lost gem? i wa reading how the 901 is hard to master, but so far this has been the greatest and smoothest atty i have used so far. i have been using it non stop the past 2 days with peanut butter banana strawberry from mrsTs, the vape im getting from it is incomparable so far. i still have 2 new iO6s that i havnt primed yet, those are the only other attys that have WOWed me in flavor and TH. i have 1 in use now, with only gorilla juice in it, and it blows my mind except. i just get alot of dry hits, mainly due to user error. im still figuring out how to master the iO6s. but in the meantime the 901 has all my attention. even my 357s have been very lonely lately.

i would love to hear any more info on the 901 from any vets that are reading this. im very intrigued by this style of an atomizer. i havnt even needed a drip shield on it at all, and wen it needs topped off the dry hits are barely even noticable. but enough for you to know you need to top off. just a really great vape, and extremely consistent.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
why is it a lost gem? i wa reading how the 901 is hard to master, but so far this has been the greatest and smoothest atty i have used so far. i have been using it non stop the past 2 days with peanut butter banana strawberry from mrsTs, the vape im getting from it is incomparable so far. i still have 2 new iO6s that i havnt primed yet, those are the only other attys that have WOWed me in flavor and TH. i have 1 in use now, with only gorilla juice in it, and it blows my mind except. i just get alot of dry hits, mainly due to user error. im still figuring out how to master the iO6s. but in the meantime the 901 has all my attention. even my 357s have been very lonely lately.

i would love to hear any more info on the 901 from any vets that are reading this. im very intrigued by this style of an atomizer. i havnt even needed a drip shield on it at all, and wen it needs topped off the dry hits are barely even noticable. but enough for you to know you need to top off. just a really great vape, and extremely consistent.
It was/is a great atty, hence why the lost gem. Difficult to master for some but full of blissfulness as you have come to realize for those who have tammed the savage beast :) Because of the fuss involved (for those who haven't tamed it) many have given up on it. Nonetheless, the 901 combines the best of both the 801 and 510 into one unit :D

Kevin King

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
PA
i see what your saying now. sorry i can be...slow sometimes. but anyways heres something i wanted to ask, what makes an 801 atty.. an 801 atomizer? and the 901, a 901 atomizer? and so forth, if you get what im saying. i mean i understand the 306 obviously has no outer tube and you need a "306" drip tip for it, but aside from that, every atomizer has a wick with a coil around it, and has either a bridge or no bridge, wick or no wick. so what are the major components that make each model atomizer unique in its own way?

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
It's the way they are built.

You would be surprised to know that the 510 atomizer in a SR (2.2Ω) resistance was considered an LR atomizer in its day. Why? Because most atties were 3-3.2Ω. That is why it took off like a bat out of hell.

The 801 (DSE) or 302 (Joye) had a large cup and hence carried more liquid which gave it its great flavour and vapour production albeit a cooler/wetter vape. FWIW the 302 ran cooler than the 801 at the same resistance.

The 901 (DSE) has its air hole positioned at the coil level, not dissimilar to the RBAs we see today. Because the resistance was higher (3-3.2Ω) and folks had a tendency to over dripp this atty accustomed to the 510 or even in some respects with the 801 (which carried more liquid) and of course they had leaking issues.

It wasn't until the 306 re-surfaced as a dripping atty did it gain in popularity. It was a fabulous little device but the undersized battery and cartrige content (less than 0.5ml) put this baby on the shelf in its day, or folks would use them as a dipper. Dipping was the 1st form of dripping for the lack of a better word because of its exposed bridge but not praticle outside the home.

Priming and dripping:
  • 510 prime 5 drops, 2 x 1 sec busrt, add 2 drops vape away. 2 drops as req'd
  • 801 prime 8 drops 2 x 1 sec burst, add 2 drops and vape away. 2-3 drops as req'd
  • 901 prime 6 drops, vape away. 1 drop as req'd
  • 306 prime 5 drops, 2 x 1 sec burst, add 2 drops and vape away. 2 drops as req'd
  • IO6 prime 4 drops, and vape away, adding one drop at a time (max 3 if not primed properly) then 2-3m drops as req'd
  • IKV Canons use as an 801

The biggest falicy out there is dewicking and debridging atomizers. Wicks are made of silica which no longer burns and the bridge and SS mesh is your wick. The silica wick is designed to keep your coil cool and carry liquid from the main wick (SS mesh) to the coil. The SS mesh is the reservoir, not the cup. For proper operation there should be very liquid if any in the cup. If more than that, it is partially flooded and will lead to premature failing of the atomizer. Removing the wick also accelerates its death.

Atties 101 in a nutshell :)

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
great post switch. those are important rules in getting an atomizer to perform at optimal performance. i got some HR 901s from ikv on the way, but would you think the regular 510 or 510 cannon 3.5ohms would be better for high voltage compared to 901 HR?
Once again it all depends as there is a lot of variables in play here mainly your perception and what is satisfying for you, not to mention the liquid you use with it. Give them both a whirl and find out. That being said the canon will provide you with greater flavour whilst the 510 greater TH. The 901m on the other hand provides the greatness of both the 510 and 801. IMO anyway but YMMV :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread