901 users - be able to see the LED glow! Without using a mirror ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Posted this before (somewhere) but worth documenting it here as it is very simple but very effective.

You need to have an orange cap from a cart.

First, discconect atomizer then prise off the ash effect cap from end of battery.

Second place cap from a cart over the LED end. It should fit just snug though with an extra push can fit even tighter.

(If the LED has stayed on at this point, put a pin hole in the cap.)

Reconnect atomizer and feel the difference ... You can actually see the LED light up now while you're vaping :) Indeed, indoors it's quite bright.

The translucent cap, wider than the battery tube, is what makes this possible.

mogur

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Whidbey Island, WA
Posted this before (somewhere) but worth documenting it here as it is very simple but very effective.

You need to have an orange cap from a cart.

First, discconect atomizer then prise off the ash effect cap from end of battery.

Second place cap from a cart over the LED end. It should fit just snug though with an extra push can fit even tighter.

(If the LED has stayed on at this point, put a pin hole in the cap.)

Reconnect atomizer and feel the difference ... You can actually see the LED light up now while you're vaping :) Indeed, indoors it's quite bright.

The translucent cap, wider than the battery tube, is what makes this possible.

Sounds great, I hate that I can't see the led glow without bouncing it off something. Thanks for the tip. You mean the hard plastic cartridge cap, or the soft, flexible one? (my 901 is not here at the moment)

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sounds great, I hate that I can't see the led glow without bouncing it off something. Thanks for the tip. You mean the hard plastic cartridge cap, or the soft, flexible one? (my 901 is not here at the moment)

Thanks mogur! Every time I try this I am surprised how well it works. I took the ash cap off to sandpaper a white battery to a platinum look one then experimented with something different on the end and discovered the orange cart cap was perfect :)

Needs to be the hard round orange one.

Not heard of the flexible one; but you can try it if that's what you get. Wanted to add some photos but my camera won't focus closeups in the dark.

jxmiller

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Nice work, looks odd but who cares!!

282mele.jpg

20f802q.jpg

EDIT:

By the way, you can see in the second pic my titanium ring. That is what I used as a mirror when vapeing. Not anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread