905 LR Atty Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mskitty

Feb 13, 2010
Hotlanta
I have a DSE 905 and I ordered the 510 adapter and a low resistance atty. The &^%%& thing blinks when I put the 510 atty on it, I tried a regular 510 atty with the same result. Does anyone know why this stupid unit will not take a 510 atty?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have 2 new lr attys and this is my only 3.7 device I only have a 510 and V2 which will not work with this marvelous atty.

Thanks

Can_supplier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Canada
A DSE 905 battery should work with a 510 atty. But there are these issue to consider,

1) First the 510 atty has a lower resistance than the 901 atty, so the increased current may cause enough of a voltage drop that it is fooling your 905 into thinking the battery is dieing, hence the flashing. The electronics are flaky in the 905, which is why a good number of shops stopped carrying them. So yours may not work with the atty no matter what. Sorry. WORSE CASE

2) The battery in your 905 is old and weak, so that running the lower resistance atty is causing the battery to drop too much in voltage. Try a different newer battery. POSSIBLE IF OLD BATTERY

3) The adapter you have is faulty and it has a short in it. Try a new one. MY GUESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread