Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I fully understand the differences between the two styles. My issue is that the op didn't mention anything about not being satisfied with the quality of his vape or not getting a satisfying hit. The moment he mentioned going through a huge amount of juice the mtl vapers see the opportunity to convert another new vaper imo. That tank and coil set up is notorious for being juice hogs, there are a lot of good sub ohm dl tanks that aren't as bad.
I think they are just stating one solution, nor necessarily converting. To a mtl vaper this makes sense.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I think they are just stating one solution, nor necessarily converting. To a mtl vaper this makes sense.
Ok, I appreciate your diplomatic approach. I had someone on here try to convince me to switch to mtl when I signed up and I guess that put me on the defensive since then lol

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well, those SMOK coils require high watts to perform decently and consume large quantities of e-liquid in the process. So I agree with your observations. I use the Crown tank which doesn't require high wattage settings like the SMOK, so I don't have the consumption of huge amounts of e-liquid that SMOK are associated with.

• Agree
Reactions: Skwij

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Ok, I appreciate your diplomatic approach. I had someone on here try to convince me to switch to mtl when I signed up and I guess that put me on the defensive since then lol
Once you've been around long enough you'll learn who the diehards are on both sides of the fence. I tend to just not read their posts.;)

• Winner
Reactions: VapourFlavour

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I think that many new vapers who are attempting to quit smoking will inadvertantly start out with a DTL tank, not knowing the difference between MTL and DTL. MTL is most like smoking with its more restricted draw. A new vaper may get overwhelmed with a DTL tank innitually. I think that is why vets will recommend the MTL tanks. The rationale is to provide an experience that is more like smoking to make the transition from smoking to vaping easier. My :2c:

It’s a 50/50 chance a new vaper will prefer one action over the other. Personally I MTL when I first started vaping, but that is only due to the fact it was an action I was accustomed to for 35+ years. I did not understand DTL – both actions enter your mouth and end up in your lungs so W*F! It wasn’t until I accidently performed a DTL action did I discover this was more preferred. I also don’t think trying to mimic smoking is the best solution for every new vaper. We are all different, with different needs. Had I have not experienced DTL vaping, I most likely would have returned to smoking for MTL was not providing the satisfaction I was looking for. Vaping is an alternative to smoking just like riding a bicycle is an alternative to driving a car – however, the bicycle is not mimicking the car. Perhaps a poor analogy but think I you get my point. Saying this, my experience does not mean every new user should follow in my foot steps. As mentioned we are all different and due to those differences, are we actually giving the right recommendations? 50% Yes, 50% No!

It would be nice if starter kits, as they are labeled, to cater to both actions so that a new vaper can experiment and experience, then choose which rout they wish to take. There is not many out there but they do exist. The Vaporesso Swag being one of them despite from appearance it looks to be a DTL type kit. I’d consider it a jack of all trades but a master at none. But a good device to experience both MTL and DTL giving a new user the experience of both. My shameless Swag plug!! :D

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm curious as to why certain people on this site choose to recommend that people switch to mtl vaping. I realize there are a lot of older mtl vapers on this site, but because that's your style doesn't mean it's better or for everyone. Vaping is so personalized, it's all about what works for the individual. I'm DL and unless I'm chain vaping I don't burn through absurd amounts of juice.
Well I’m a DL vaper myself, though I’ve vaped both ways. The reason in this case was the guy was complaining that he didn’t like the cost of juice and had already nixed DIY. Switching to MTL was the only remaining way to fix the issue.
I do tend to recommend MTL to new vapers because it more closely resembles smoking a cigarette. I didn’t start with DL though so I suppose that’s part of it. MTL technology has had a bit of a renaissance just lately. It’s better now than it’s ever been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread