A big howdy

Status
Not open for further replies.

geo1238912

Mar 20, 2018
Hello, active on recf. I ve been vaping off and on since 09. In the last year ive quit. Im starting to become a hobbiest and have went from saving so much to spending more than smoking a pack aday. Im slowly getting into diy, which will hopefully oneday save me a few dollars, although i have my doubts anyWay howdy

Justin L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2018
Racine,WI
Hey welcome to the forum. Im beginning to see that i will be spending more vaping than i would when i rolled my own cigarettes BUT i did not only quit cigarettes to save money. Smoking is a nasty,unhealthy and smelly habit. Atleast with vaping it does not smell and is less harmful. Plus you never know what kind of medical bills etc would have come about if a person was to continue smoking. So to me it comes down to how much would i pay to ensure my longevity.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Im slowly getting into diy, which will hopefully oneday save me a few dollars, although i have my doubts anyWay howdy
Welcome and glad you joined.
With DIY, I find you can only buy so many manufacturers of one flavor. I quickly learned to find the most popular/highest rated one and be happy with that. Might like to check out:
Shinyitis Support Group
Oh look, another new guy

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF. I was a 3 ppd smoker but our household used loose tobacco, tubes, and an injector machine, so the cost of smoking was reduced. I don't know that I've saved money by switching.... Except for the fact that I had straight pneumonia for 18 months straight and a laryngeal cancer scare, so I've CERTAINLY saved on medical costs over the long haul.

Honestly, what I care more about than money at PRESENT is the resurgence of the ability to breathe, exercise, and not feel sick all the time. I don't smell like an ashtray nor does my car, I'm not constantly "leaving" something to go smoke a cigarette, and I was able to avoid the dreaded COPD diagnosis. I don't much care if I spend TWICE or more on vaping than smoking.... Vaping saved my life AND my quality of life.

DIY cost savings are large, but there are up front costs that I am dealing with too, as I want enough nicotine in my freezer to never be affected by deeming again, regardless of how it turns out. I also wanted to be able to use and build RTAs and that was a learning curve as well.

So, I'd imagine some of my start out costs were higher than smoking too, but with a couple more liters of nic in my freezer, I will be set on DIY for some time.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread