A Challenge, an Offer, and Pay it Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutt4a

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2010
Texas
I know where you are coming from. I made the switch after having a large blood clot in my right lung. I smoked for 28 years and ended up at 2 packs a day. I did the Blu, then 510, then my Ego. I got one of my friends started with passing on the blu (with clear intentions of upgrade to the 510), she has pass on 510 gear to several ppl, I have passed on 510 gear to several ppl and now my little small town doesn't even blink when you vape inside. My mother is even "testing the waters". I am not pushing her, it's all her choice. I have ordered some cartomizers in the hope that they will tip her over the edge.

Cartomizers are a good idea too.. I'm gonna be sure to include them. I'm confused. Is it time for me to call my supplier and order?

lynleestar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
NW Indiana
Guess what we got today??~!!!! Lol, we have a doorbell that doesn't work so we didn't hear the mailman but he parks just down the block....I was literally STALKING the mailman! Luckily it was somebody I know. Now I just need to get the hang of dripping on attys as all I've used are cartomizers on the KR808. Overfilled and leaked juice everywhere but I'll get the hang of it. Mom sends her deepest gratitude. She's been using my V4L today and only smoked 4 cigs~!! Unbelievable~!!

Thank you thank you thank you~!!!

Howdy Steve,
Just wanted to let you know I got my package in the mail today. Just got home from work, so I immediately put it on the charger. Gotta figure out how to set it up. I'm sure my sister can help me, if I need it. The ego looks good. I look forward to trying it in the morning with the juices you sent. Will keep you posted on my journey. Thanks again! I can't believe someone would do something like this for me, that I don't even know. But I am glad for the opportunity and to be able to pif when the time comes.

Just a quick question. I read the instructions and it said put 4 drops on the atomizer. Is that the little brass thing with the wick? What about the cartridges, do I put the liquid in them? I know it sounds dumb. I looked on the board and couldn't seem to find that info. Will be back tomorrow with an update.

Last edited:

lynleestar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
NW Indiana
That was the same thing I'm trying to find~! I wasted a bunch of juice overfilling mine. Really yummy Waffle juice from Velvet Vapors I just got today:( From what I can tell, the little cartridges that came with the eGo should have some sort of filler in them to absorb the juice like a cartomizer does, but my cartridges have no filler. i'm still reading up on the eGo but I know already I like it~! It is for my mom but she still doesn't seem comfortable with the manual button...says it doesn't 'feel' like smoking. She is going strong on the KR808 so whatever works for her is good for me:)

I also think I have 2 ppl interested in coming to the forum and 'the vape realm'. My friends mother is going to try my Pure Smoke since it most closely resembles a cig. My friend has tried mine and loves the flavors, I'm going to send her a link to the forum, yay~!

CB-in-Tokyo

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
Tokyo
Just a quick question. I read the instructions and it said put 4 drops on the atomizer. Is that the little brass thing with the wick? What about the cartridges, do I put the liquid in them? I know it sounds dumb. I looked on the board and couldn't seem to find that info. Will be back tomorrow with an update.

Hi Littelbigbrother, sorry I wasn't around earlier to answer, I am sure you want to get using it! These eCigs can take a little getting used to. Yes the Atomizer (atty) has the wick. The cartridges also need to be filled. This is a little tricky at first. What I do is take out the filling (I use a toothpick) and then fill it up about half way. Then put the filling back in. Then drip juice onto the filling until it looks like a slushy. If in doubt UNDERfILL the cartridge at first (but make sure you drip a couple drops on top of the filler). If you over fill you can flood your atty, and also end up getting juice in your mouth which is no fun at all. if you are like me, you'll do it and say, "I've had worse." and then swallow it. Don't do that...it is a little nasty on the internals.

If you do end up over filling, then just wipe the excess away with a tissue. You'll have the hang of it in no time, and then be prowling these forums looking for mods!

Cheers and good luck!

Steve

Last edited:

CB-in-Tokyo

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
Tokyo
Guess what we got today??~!!!! Lol, we have a doorbell that doesn't work so we didn't hear the mailman but he parks just down the block....I was literally STALKING the mailman! Luckily it was somebody I know. Now I just need to get the hang of dripping on attys as all I've used are cartomizers on the KR808. Overfilled and leaked juice everywhere but I'll get the hang of it. Mom sends her deepest gratitude. She's been using my V4L today and only smoked 4 cigs~!! Unbelievable~!!

Thank you thank you thank you~!!!

You are most welcome!!! Please keep us up to date on how it's going!

CB-in-Tokyo

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
Tokyo
That was the same thing I'm trying to find~! I wasted a bunch of juice overfilling mine. Really yummy Waffle juice from Velvet Vapors I just got today:( From what I can tell, the little cartridges that came with the eGo should have some sort of filler in them to absorb the juice like a cartomizer does, but my cartridges have no filler. i'm still reading up on the eGo but I know already I like it~! It is for my mom but she still doesn't seem comfortable with the manual button...says it doesn't 'feel' like smoking. She is going strong on the KR808 so whatever works for her is good for me:)

I also think I have 2 ppl interested in coming to the forum and 'the vape realm'. My friends mother is going to try my Pure Smoke since it most closely resembles a cig. My friend has tried mine and loves the flavors, I'm going to send her a link to the forum, yay~!

Lynlee there will be a cartridge cover on the atty when it ships..but it is only there to protect the atty and there is no filler in it. They say don't use it, but if you have filler or want to mod a cart you can use it later. There will also be 5 empty carts in the box. These carts do have filler, so please use them.

Let me know how it goes. (I think I am as excited as you guys are :) )

Hi Littelbigbrother, sorry I wasn't around earlier to answer, I am sure you want to get using it! These eCigs can take a little getting used to. Yes the Atomizer (atty) has the wick. The cartridges also need to be filled. This is a little tricky at first. What I do is take out the filling (I use a toothpick) and then fill it up about half way. Then put the filling back in. Then drip juice onto the filling until it looks like a slushy. If in doubt UNDERfILL the cartridge at first (but make sure you drip a couple drops on top of the filler). If you over fill you can flood your atty, and also end up getting juice in your mouth which is no fun at all. if you are like me, you'll do it and say, "I've had worse." and then swallow it. Don't do that...it is a little nasty on the internals.

If you do end up over filling, then just wipe the excess away with a tissue. You'll have the hang of it in no time, and then be prowling these forums looking for mods!

Cheers and good luck!

Steve

Howdy Steve,
This thing is Awesome! I followed your advice and put in some of the juice, now I'm Vaping. I think this is gonna work for me.
Thank you, thank you!
I'll be back with my progress.
Troy

CB-in-Tokyo

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
Tokyo
Anesome Troy! I am so happy to hear that you think it'll work out for you. Just don't give yourself pressure. Relax and enjoy! It is totally different from anything else out there for quitting smoking. If you have an analogue now and again, well it is more about the ones you don7t smoke than about the ones you do.

Cheers,

Steve

CB-in-Tokyo

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
Tokyo
I would think so, as long as you take it off when you drip.

Brilliant to see people receiving their egos! Good luck to all and Steve is amazing for giving people this chance!

-FV

ps. Can you drip onto to atty with the 'protector' cart that comes with it or do you need to use an empty proper cart? Also with or without filler in?

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Thanks Rosa! I appreciate the support.

Mutt has offered to pick up the toch for two more so if you know someone, bring them in!

I bought a kit for my best friend in the world when I first started in March. She has MS and really shouldn't be smoking (not that anyone should). She said she'd wait until we got together to try it out (She lives in the next state over from me).

We went camping this summer and she forgot to bring hers. I let her try mine, she touched it to her lips and took the smallest inhale known to mankind and said, "yeah, that's neat" and we moved on.

Oh well, I suppose you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Perhaps it will linger like a seed in her mind, at least she knows they exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread