A couple of questions about the Reo

Status
Not open for further replies.

darco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
India
Hi Reonauts! I am currently using my Reo as my primary vape with Cisco 1.8 ohm 306 atties and loving it. The vapor production is awesome :) I have a couple of small questions though.

I hate cartos and will only use attys as the flavor with the atties are just right. So I find my catch cup quite wet most of the time, sometimes wet enough to spill out when the Reo is kept horizontally. I am pretty intrigued with what vapage has done with the catch cup cover with their vmod, so have been wondering, will a drip shield help me? Will it provide a similar solution to spilling like vmods' cap? Never used a drip shield b4.

I really want an all black reo grand and have the black with silver door. Ever since I have seen, reosmods.com has never had them in stock. Is there an estimated date for when these will be available? Do u think I should post a WTB in the classifieds?

What's the best place to order spare bottles from?

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Your drip well should not be getting that much juice into it. I hardly see any, usually none with my LR 306 and LR510's. I use 100% VG so don't know if that makes any difference. If you don't squonk right before you sit it down you might notice less juice.

I don't do the drip shields so can't say.

Robert has been putting up the black Grands. They just seem to go faster. He is trying to keep some up on the site. You could send him a PM and ask.

There are bottles on the reosmods site.

ezsmokker

Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Germany
Can´t help u with ur other Problems, sry.
The catchcup should never be filled, it should stay dry, if the squonktechnique is REOght ;0).
Guess u have to try harder to perfectionize ur squonkskillz.
Guess a native speaker can help u out better for this question.
I can only say that u need just to push the bottle gently.

Quoting myself from another post, but thats the best i can do for u:
Try to drip it normaly, maybe 2-3 drops to get a feeling how much juice is needed.

If u know how it feels when there is optimum juice in the atty, try to get it right with squonking.

1.The bottle usually needs a light push only. Maybe while u take a drag without firing, until u feel a difference in the draw or u hear alike gurgle. don´t push any longer.
2.Then a short drag (without firing the button) to get the juice up to the coil.
3.Push the firepin and vape away, until the flavor gets weak.
4.Start all over again and when u got used to it
5.REOlicious, REOtastic, REOdise.

Last edited:

darco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
India
Can´t help u with ur other Problems, sry.
The catchcup should never be filled, it should stay dry, if the squonktechnique is REOght ;0).
Guess u have to try harder to perfectionize ur squonkskillz.
Guess a native speaker can help u out better for this question.
I can only say that u need just to push the bottle gently.

Well yeah I do oversquonk a bit, and am realizing that over time my catch cups getting less wet, however I do use it a lot while driving and blind squonking floods my catchcup. Then when I put the Reo down on my dash or the seat, it spills. Only a drop or so sometimes, nothing major. So have been wondering if there is something that makes the Reo more idiot proof.

Native speaker? Well English is (nearly) my native language. Do I sound like it isn't? :)

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Just wanted to say that the 306 needs to be very wet to get good flavor and vapor. I found that doing a dry hit before vaping will pull juice up into the atty. If you have any in the drip well that will be used. If you squonk before hitting then you are only going to add juice to the drip well when you set it down. So you may not be flooding the atty, but just not using the juice in the drip well before you squonk.

whatitstrue

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2011
Phoenix, AZ.
Davelog uses an o-ring towards the bottom of his atty. But thats to keep lint and nerds out of the catch cup. :lol:

As the others have said no juice should be in the catch cup. you may need to adjust your technique. I only blind sqounk and none ever gets in there. I also do a unfired pull at least every other drag even without sqounking to ensure a wet atty and dry well.

Last edited:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
That's right...how could I have forgotten the nerds!:)

Hey!!! Whats wrong with us
nerd.gif

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
IF you're using all PG juice, it may be a little thin. When you got your REO it probably had a little reducer tube in the baggie with the extra bottle. You could insert that little reducer tube into the bottom of your feed tube and see if that helps regulate the amount of juice you're pushing up into the cup each time. Just a thought.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Blind squonking when done correctly cannot get juice in the catch cup. If there is juice in the cup you are squonking too long and hard. I have used several different combinations of pg and vg. All of one and the other and combinations of both with the same results. While drawing on your atty gently press bottle stop the moment you feel the change of pressure. After this you will find your sweet spot with the best amount of juice in you atty.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
If you squonk every 5 hits or when you notice a drop in flavor then you should be fine. Since you have a lot of access juice in your catch cup. Then that means that you are flooding your atomizer. Which is reducing it's lifespan. So, it's in your best interest to just improve on your squonking technique. You will have better performance as well as a longer lasting atomizer.

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
Thought I was going to need a reducer tube due to a preference for 80/20 pg/vg but it just took a lighter draw while "priming" and so far so good. Priming a atty and/or carto for me is almost as much fun as the vaping experience....it's all part of the Reo (bottom feeder) experience. I sold my Darwin and still have a Buzz Pro both great devices BUT not the TOTAL vaping experience that the Reo offers me. It took me some time and $$$ in mods to figure out what I really enjoyed but I finally found it.

Last edited:

darco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
India
Thanks all of you for all the info. I did get a transparent drip tip recently and just as justice said, I realised that I am flooding the atty by looking at the juice in the driptip. I think the 306s are most forgiving to flooding. Will keep working on my squonking techniques and will keep in mind that the catchcup should be dry. I seem to be able to do it while looking but while driving and blind squonking, I still mess it up. Loving the Reo otherwise. I think I will get a mini soon as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread