A few Ego questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my Ego-T kit on Wednesday and so far it's working fantastic (fingers crossed). If however I do start experiencing the problems many have experienced, I may scrap using the tank and move to dripping or possibly a clear Fluxomizer. Heck, I might just want to try dripping for the fun of it; however, I don't really know much about dripping, so I have a few questions.

First of all, what is the voltage of an Ego battery, 3.7v?

Second, the Ego uses 510 threading, correct?

And last, what do I need to start dripping? I obviously can't use a tank atty, so do I only have to buy a regular 510 atty and a drip tip, and drip right onto the atty? Also, what are the differences between bridged and non-bridged attys and which is better for dripping?

porkchopsisgood

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2011
Cape Coral, FL USA
All you will need to start dripping is a 510 atty (I'd stay with standard resistance at first, but feel free to get a LR one to try as well...LR gives you close to a 5V experience, but diminishes atty life), and a drip tip. You're looking at about 10 bucks (if you go with one atty and a delrin drip tip).

After you clean the atty, I'd suggest de-wicking it (you can find more info on the forum about it...since you're not planning to use it with a cartridge this is advisable), put 4 drops of juice on the atty and vape away! To maintain the atty's wetness, you'll only need 1-2 drops from then on.

Direct dripping is the best vaping experience from a taste/TH perspective. IMHO the next best experience would be a clearomizer...which is fairly inexpensive as well.

I'm not a huge fan of de-bridged atties...I personally don't taste the "pop" everyone touts...to each his own. Feel free to try it...YMMV...

As for voltage, I've been told that the eGo actually vapes somewhere around 3.2V or lower, but to be honest I've never had a problem with it...I enjoy it immensely. That said, I do have a 5V box mod coming to me from OldGoatMods, but that's because I'm a vaping shop-o-holic (please help me).

Good luck, and I hope you keep enjoying your eGo! It definitely cannot be beaten for versatility!

All you will need to start dripping is a 510 atty (I'd stay with standard resistance at first, but feel free to get a LR one to try as well...LR gives you close to a 5V experience, but diminishes atty life), and a drip tip. You're looking at about 10 bucks (if you go with one atty and a delrin drip tip).

After you clean the atty, I'd suggest de-wicking it (you can find more info on the forum about it...since you're not planning to use it with a cartridge this is advisable), put 4 drops of juice on the atty and vape away! To maintain the atty's wetness, you'll only need 1-2 drops from then on.

Direct dripping is the best vaping experience from a taste/TH perspective. IMHO the next best experience would be a clearomizer...which is fairly inexpensive as well.

I'm not a huge fan of de-bridged atties...I personally don't taste the "pop" everyone touts...to each his own. Feel free to try it...YMMV...

As for voltage, I've been told that the eGo actually vapes somewhere around 3.2V or lower, but to be honest I've never had a problem with it...I enjoy it immensely. That said, I do have a 5V box mod coming to me from OldGoatMods, but that's because I'm a vaping shop-o-holic (please help me).

Good luck, and I hope you keep enjoying your eGo! It definitely cannot be beaten for versatility!

Awesome, thanks! That's pretty much everything I wanted to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread